Thoughts on Boldin when he returns? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thoughts on Boldin when he returns?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KolbSaves » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:29 pm

I like going for upside with my backup wr, so once I had some stability I grabbed him at 10.10 in a 10 team. If he comes back as good as last year he could start for me in the playoffs and I think a playoff starter at wr is worth the risk at 10.10
"It is unworthy of excellent men to lose hours like slaves in the labor of calculation, which could be safely relegated to anyone else if machines were used." - Leibniz
KolbSaves
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dub-Dub » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:40 pm

I think it is a wasted spot. First off, I agreed with the many who said that Boldin was going to come wayyyy back down to earth this year. He was their ONLY option. He got the ball in EVERY situation. He had over 100 catches and I don't think anyone else had over 35! Now he'll be part of a three-way passing offense. He won't see as many balls period. Plus he's coming back from an injury... big question mark there.

There are just too many other WRs out there to gamble on.
Dub-Dub
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:14 pm

Dub-Dub wrote:I think it is a wasted spot. First off, I agreed with the many who said that Boldin was going to come wayyyy back down to earth this year. He was their ONLY option. He got the ball in EVERY situation. He had over 100 catches and I don't think anyone else had over 35! Now he'll be part of a three-way passing offense. He won't see as many balls period. Plus he's coming back from an injury... big question mark there.

There are just too many other WRs out there to gamble on.

Let's say Boldin's numbers dropoff by 25%...

That's quite a drop, but still leaves him as a 1000 yard, 6 TD receiver... Are you saying that is not worth a roster spot? I'd GLADLY take a 1000 yard, 6 TD guy in the late rounds...

Yes, he was their only receiver, but every defensive coordinator knew that, too... And they still couldn't stop him... Everyone in the country knew Boldin was getting the ball every other play, and still no one could defend him properly... What do you think he does with a better coach, a better system, and a guy to take pressure off on the other side of the field?

Regarding the injury, as an FSU fan, I watched him rehab a MUCH more serious injury to the other knee in college, and he came back just fine... In fact, when he came back he was better than before... IMO, you are MUCH better off burning a spot on him for 6 weeks, and then having him when it counts than you are having a guy like Andre Davis stinking up your bench the entire season...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Shockers » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:30 pm

Berge wrote:Well, I have Chad Johnson and Ward to anchor my WR squad and I'd be dealing Tiki (backup 4th RB) for S. Moss and Boldin

I like this trade. Tiki's value goes down this year. Trade him while people still thinks he has a chance to do something. Santana is a top 10 receiver and Boldin has the potential (and I use that term loosely) to be a top 10 guy. That being said, I don't think Boldin will finish as a top 20 wr this year, which is my opinion take it or leave it.

But getting two quality wr for your #4 rb helps your squad by inserting another starting wr in moss. If you kept Tiki, sure you would have depth, but most likely you would never use him. You would use Santana and later in the season, you may find yourself using both him and Boldin.
Shockers
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby fantasy fanatic » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:30 pm

would boldin be worth dropping troy brown, kennison, or calico for?
fantasy fanatic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby gatorman1122 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:39 pm

I have Boldin as my no. 6 WR (next to price, chambers, d. jackson, porter, a. johnson) so he's kinda my x-factor. I think he'll do okay.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mullet Emeritus » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:09 am

fantasy fanatic wrote:would boldin be worth dropping troy brown, kennison, or calico for?

yes, yes and ...... YES !!!!!!
Mullet Emeritus
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Flux » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:42 am

I have Boldin sitting on my bench.

As his return gets closer and closer his value keeps going up. I personally didnt think Boldin would have a good year at all this year, so I plan to trade him right before he gets back or a game into his return. I mean heck, i would be trading a "top 10 WR" and those hurting in the WR department Im sure would love to have him
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikeprovri » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:26 pm

Looking to draft my final WR. I'm leaning towards Lloyd or even McCardell over Boldin. Even when he does come back he's going to be a recovery player on an awful team.
mikeprovri
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:59 pm

Flux wrote:I have Boldin sitting on my bench.

As his return gets closer and closer his value keeps going up. I personally didnt think Boldin would have a good year at all this year, so I plan to trade him right before he gets back or a game into his return. I mean heck, i would be trading a "top 10 WR" and those hurting in the WR department Im sure would love to have him

Im in this camp too. If you can draft him late, then he's a pretty solid pick, if only to use as trade bait when he gets close to returning. Someone in your league will believe in him.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk