Thoughts on Boldin when he returns? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thoughts on Boldin when he returns?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:32 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Flux wrote:I have Boldin sitting on my bench.

As his return gets closer and closer his value keeps going up. I personally didnt think Boldin would have a good year at all this year, so I plan to trade him right before he gets back or a game into his return. I mean heck, i would be trading a "top 10 WR" and those hurting in the WR department Im sure would love to have him

Im in this camp too. If you can draft him late, then he's a pretty solid pick, if only to use as trade bait when he gets close to returning. Someone in your league will believe in him.
Bingo. I had the same thoughts and grabbed him late. Alot of folks seem to have a love affair with him after last year. I'll prey on them no prob. :-b
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:05 pm

I think he WOULD have had value if he had remained the split end instead of moving to flanker. Most of the passes are going to be designed to go to Fitzgerald, no matter who is playing flanker. I think even if Boldin had stayed healthy, he would have seen a dramatic decline in stats thanks to Fitzgerald.

Therefore, I don't think he's worth drafting unless you want to use him as trade bait right as he gets healthy again.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk