I'm staying away from Westbrook - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I'm staying away from Westbrook

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby s0meguy » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:05 pm

People are taking him high because last year Westbrook, Staley, and Buckhalter easily out rushed record setting Priest Holmes. With Staley and Buckhalter gone, one can be lead to believe that Westbrook will get all those points. This isn't the case though because last year McNabb's numbers were terrible and will likely improve, it is unlikely that Westbrook gets 100% of the carries, and the rushing attack in Philly won't be as good as it was last year without the "3 headed monster".
Last edited by s0meguy on Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby s0meguy » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:06 pm

double post
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:15 pm

exactly, its hard to tell what will happen after someone comes out of a rbbc. i mean, im a niner fan and i have serious doubts as to what Barlow can do. alot can be said about staying healthy and production because someone else is there to share the load. plus, i think the carries will be split more so than what value Westbrook is getting in drafts.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ramble2 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:22 pm

Will Westbrook be returning punts and kickoffs this year? Last year he had almost 800 return yards, and 2 return TDs. If your league counts return yards from individual players, and Westbrook is slated to return again this year (which I'm unsure of), then I'd say taking Westbrook in the 2nd round (and possibly as your #1 back) isn't out of the question.

My league gives individual players 1 point for every 20 yards rushing, receiving or returning. If Westbrook continues to return kicks, 2000 total yards isn't out of the question.

Of course, if Westbrook is the #1 back AND returning kicks and/or punts, it's unlikely he'll survive the whole season! So if your league DOESN'T give points to individual players for return yards you may actually want to downgrade Westbrook if the Eagles continue to use him as a return man.
ramble2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Lung » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:32 pm

Here are the stats for Philadelphia's rushing offense from the last two years:

Year Yards Yds/game TDs
2003 2015 125.9 23
2002 2220 138.8 15

Considering that McNabb had 355 yards and 460 yards rushing in those years, along with 3 and 6 rushing TDs, and you are left with a RBBC that split about 1700 yards rushing and double digit TDs. The talent isn't there anymore amongst the backup running backs, and we likely won't see too much RBBC in Philadelphia this year. If Westbrook stays healthy, it's doubtful that another Eagle running back will vulture a significant portion of his yards or TDs and we could easily see 1500 yards rushing and 10+ TDs from Westbrook in 2004. Even in the second round, you'd be foolish not to draft him!
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Rubidium » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:17 pm

ramble2 wrote:Will Westbrook be returning punts and kickoffs this year?

Last I heard, the Eagles were planning to have Mahe as the punt returner and J. R. Reed as the kick returner, with Westbrook and Morey being the backups if one of those should get injured.
Rubidium
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk