Kurt Warner - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kurt Warner

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kurt Warner

Postby kalibernc » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:02 pm

How long will Warner last before he goes down with an injury? If he makes it past week 2 without injury he should be good for the rest of the season. I see the games against the Eagles and Skins being potentially violent games that could put him down. muahahahaha!!
kalibernc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Turnip » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:26 pm

Even if he doesn't get injured, a man named Eli will cause him not to make it to week 10.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:10 pm

im not exactly sold on that. everyone thinks kurt warner is washed up but hes been in a bad situation ever since he got hurt. i mean, how can someone go from MVP to waterboy so fast? alot is to be said for letting a rookie qb sit back and learn on the sidelines for a year. confidence is huge in the nfl i believe and a rookie qb can save some of that by making his mistakes in practice and learning from them there then watching them behind the antics of Stuart Scott. But its Coghlin's decision. Whether he links like I do I'm not sure. I guess I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if Warner was benched, but I wouldn't be surprised either if he started all year. Its not like Manning will have time to learn much behind that oline anyway.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby STEELtownUSA » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:26 pm

I dotn think he will get injured but eli will come in
STEELtownUSA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby charliebrown327 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:29 pm

It all depends on the Giants' record. Eli will be ready before the season's out, and he'll probably get his chance to play as soon as it becomes clear (officially) that NY is going nowhere.

BTW, Warner should've never been benched last year. He went something like 34-for-54 in the game that cost him the job(career highs in completions and attempts). As for the six fumbles, he played half the game with a concussion and all of it behind a patchwork O-line (starring out-of-shape Orlando Pace, who had held out all through camp), and Martz kept calling pass after pass after pass, over 60 pass plays in all...no wonder he got creamed. Then Bulger comes in and the Rams barely make it by a mediocre-at-best SF in a game that went to OT, and all of the sudden he's the #1? Nonsense.

Well that's my little shpeil; not that it has all that much to do with the Fantasy world, except to say that maybe he has more gas left in the tank than people give him credit for. And even that is balanced out by the fact that he's got Tiki and Toomer now instead of Faulk and Holt, Ike Hilliard instead of Ike Bruce, and, of course, yet another QB controversy to deal with. But he should have kept the job last year. I feel very strongly about this.
charliebrown327
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Trap » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:31 pm

His time is over in the NFL. It was a great story but its back to stocking shelves. Heh.. I know he won't have to do that but with that wife of his I'd do anything to get out of the house.
Trap
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:18 pm

I believe Coughlin said that he wanted his line to gel, so he is basically leaving Warner in their as the tackling dummy before they are prepared to send in Eli.

But, prokrastinet here makes a lot of sense, I wouldn't want a rookie QB starting for my team, odds are that he won't suceed so why not throw in a veteran to help him learn the game?

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:25 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:I believe Coughlin said that he wanted his line to gel, so he is basically leaving Warner in their as the tackling dummy before they are prepared to send in Eli.

But, prokrastinet here makes a lot of sense, I wouldn't want a rookie QB starting for my team, odds are that he won't suceed so why not throw in a veteran to help him learn the game?

exactly, why would you want the franchise sitting behind that oline and performing the duties of a tackling dummie? Coughlin should ask himself, would he stand behind his oline?
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:40 pm

Could it be that Coughlin thins Warner will make the better NFL QB at this point in time and that's why he'll be the starter?

Ya know, give Eli time to watch and learn? And develop. See if Kurt can bounce back from two hoorendous seasons and capture some of his old game.

If Coughlin is thinking that Warner is just a warm body at this point, then putting him behind that O-line instead of Eli would be hopeless. He's gotta feel that Kurt is better than his 2002 and 2003 performances suggest.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:23 pm

and i would agree that warner is better than what everyone and his last couple games stats give him credit for. this league is overly demanding, especially from the fans. I mean, wasn't it McNabb last year that had a thumb injury and everyone (ok not everyone but it even made espn) to pull him? he had a half season worth of bad games but they decided to stick with him. me thinks it would be very worth while to keep warner in there and build some confidence. he still has what it takes.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk