Priest Holmes Debate - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Priest Holmes Debate

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:08 am

roninmedia wrote:I did trade Priest and Dillon in a 3 team deal for Shaun Alexander and Fred Taylor. I got two basically two first rounder for Priest and Dillon.

No way I make this trade. It's very possible Dillon has a better year than Taylor. And I don't think you'll find many people thinking Aleaxander is going to be close to Priest.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bwzabodyn » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:17 am

Green the best player in FF this year... :-t I don't think so...

I had Green last year and loved his numbers (and I think he'll have great numbers similar to those for the next few years) but even if he surpasses those numbers this year, he's still going to be off Priest's pace of 2003 and (hopefully) 2004 - he's not retiring until he breaks the single-season rushing record, and he wants to retire after this year, so we'll see...
Formerly bzabodyn (over 1000 posts) - but I was deactivated!!! Poop on you!!!
bwzabodyn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:22 am

roninmedia wrote:I did trade Priest and Dillon in a 3 team deal for Shaun Alexander and Fred Taylor. I got two basically two first rounder for Priest and Dillon.

Im sorry, but that was an awful trade. You got robbed.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:53 pm

bwzabodyn wrote:Green the best player in FF this year... :-t I don't think so...

I had Green last year and loved his numbers (and I think he'll have great numbers similar to those for the next few years) but even if he surpasses those numbers this year, he's still going to be off Priest's pace of 2003 and (hopefully) 2004 - he's not retiring until he breaks the single-season rushing record, and he wants to retire after this year, so we'll see...

Break the rushing record? He wasn't even close last year.What makes you think, with him being another year older, he will break the record this year? Or any year? Not going to happen.

I fully expect Green to post similar numbers this year. And Priest to fall off big time. He wont even reach 20 TDs this season. But thats why they play the games.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby carterslamfan » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:25 pm

I recently traded away Holmes for E. James and Randy Moss in a 8-team league. I debated for a while, but i think i got the better end of the deal, slightly. Now I have moss and holt as my two starting wr's and james and f. taylor as my starting rb's with henry as a backup.
carterslamfan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:34 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
bwzabodyn wrote:Green the best player in FF this year... :-t I don't think so...

Break the rushing record? He wasn't even close last year.What makes you think, with him being another year older, he will break the record this year? Or any year? Not going to happen.

I fully expect Green to post similar numbers this year. And Priest to fall off big time. He wont even reach 20 TDs this season. But thats why they play the games.
Priest will dominate again. He hasn't hit that 2000 carry plateau yet and he still has plenty of gas left in the tank. Expect another nutty year from the Priest.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Reills » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:43 pm

NO DEAL!
D.D. Flanks
Sandbox
Beers4Life
QB:Vick,Big Ben, Brees, Ramsey
RB:F.Taylor,Barber,Goings, Duckett, J.Jones, Betts
WR:Mason,D. Jackson, Lelie, Evans
K-Tynes
TE-Wiggy
D:Reed, P.Kerney, Azumah
Reills
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:16 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:

Priest will dominate again. He hasn't hit that 2000 carry plateau yet and he still has plenty of gas left in the tank. Expect another nutty year from the Priest.

While it is true he hasn't taken as many hits as most premeir rushers at this age. But the fact remains he's still older than most backs that have alot of success. It has to end sometime. And he's not 100%. At his age not being 100% is a risky pick for the number one overall. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be entirely shocked if he got 20 TDs (I wouldbe if he got 27) but I also wouldn't be entirely shocked if he wound up with 12. And without the insane amount of TDs his yardage numbers rack up with the rest of the top RBs.

DO NOT EXPECT 27 TDS THIS YEAR.

BTW, Sweetness, do we ever agree on anything? :-?
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby inferno19 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:52 pm

Well, every year a top-5 stud seems to go down....I think either Priest or LT is going down with an injury this year.
1335 rushing yards, 53 receptions, 441 receiving yards. 18 TDs.
Money in the bank.
inferno19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:28 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:

While it is true he hasn't taken as many hits as most premeir rushers at this age. But the fact remains he's still older than most backs that have alot of success. It has to end sometime. And he's not 100%. At his age not being 100% is a risky pick for the number one overall. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be entirely shocked if he got 20 TDs (I wouldbe if he got 27) but I also wouldn't be entirely shocked if he wound up with 12. And without the insane amount of TDs his yardage numbers rack up with the rest of the top RBs.

DO NOT EXPECT 27 TDS THIS YEAR.

BTW, Sweetness, do we ever agree on anything? :-?
He was 80% last year, and got 27 TDs. Ill say he gets 20-22 and around the same yardage. If SD improves the line over the offseason next year LDT will move into the top spot next year, however.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk