Thoughts on Fitzgerald? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thoughts on Fitzgerald?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thoughts on Fitzgerald?

Postby Jedimindtric » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:45 pm

What do you think He will do this year, especially with Boldin out?
There are only 2 places in the league - First place and no place. Tom Seaver
Jedimindtric
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gimpybunter » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:52 pm

He should do good enough to be a 3rd or 4th WR. With Boldin out he should get more chances but he will have to deal with the top cover guy.
gimpybunter
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:21 pm

I think once he returns from his injury he should have a nice rookie season, something in the area of 750-800 yards and 5-6 TDs.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:43 pm

I honestly think Dennis Green is going to force feed Fitz the ball. He loves the kid and thinks hes the greatest thing since sliced bread. W/ Boldin and Bryant both hurt, and Emmit as the RB, they have nowhere else to go w/ the ball

I think Fitz is going to have an unusually great rookie season for a WR. I think he will break the 1000 yd mark
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:19 pm

Flux wrote:I honestly think Dennis Green is going to force feed Fitz the ball. He loves the kid and thinks hes the greatest thing since sliced bread. W/ Boldin and Bryant both hurt, and Emmit as the RB, they have nowhere else to go w/ the ball

I think Fitz is going to have an unusually great rookie season for a WR. I think he will break the 1000 yd mark

I agree with that... nice "sliced bread" comparison btw, lol. ;-D
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:43 pm

Funny how you compared him to sliced bread, in another thread someone compared his hands to butter. (thats a good thing ;-D)

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:49 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:Funny how you compared him to sliced bread, in another thread someone compared his hands to butter. (thats a good thing ;-D)

How effectively could one catch a pigskin with butter hands really?

Over-analyzing metaphors is like over-analyzing rookies. It's sort of a waste of time, or at least a diversion from topics of real scientific comparison or analysis, comparisons for which we have real data with which to analyze. With rookies, we've got college stats (meaningless), coach's promises (read: lies), and lots of guesswork.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:50 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:Funny how you compared him to sliced bread, in another thread someone compared his hands to butter. (thats a good thing ;-D)

Someone dissed Fitz's hands? He's got the best hands in the league right now. :-[
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:57 pm

Azrael wrote:

Someone dissed Fitz's hands? He's got the best hands in the league right now. :-[

You just can't say that. He hasn't got any "...hands in the league right now." He hasn't played one down of NFL football. Please save the superlatives until after he has.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:58 pm

Azrael wrote:

No actually they werent dissing him, it was a link from football guys meant to be a compliment.

Here is the link...

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70961&highlight=butter

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk