Rules of the Game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Fantasyjack

Rules of the Game

Moderator: Football Fantasyjack Mods

Rules of the Game

Postby menyak » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:40 pm

Fantasyjack

Can you play your cards right and reach a perfect score of 21?

Welcome to Fantasyjack, Fantasy Football Cafe's free game where your fantasy skills go Las Vegas.

Gameplay

In Fantasyjack, the Cafe's WebHamster (dressed up as a Vegas dealer) will deal you NFL players instead of cards. The game consists of two decks, with a total of 104 players available - 20 kickers, and 21 players at each of the quarterback, wide receiver, running back, and tight end positions.

To participate, please reply to the weekly threads posted in this forum before Sunday, 1pm EST. Each week of the season, you will be dealt two players to start with: one kicker, and a second player that is totally random. If you feel that your current players will not get you anywhere near 21 points, you can add additional players to your hand by the click of a button. All in all, your hand can consist of a maximum of 20 players.

To figure out what your hand is worth, you need to wait how your players perform on the field. Each time one of your players scores, you gain points: 6 points for a touchdown, 3 points for a field goal, 2 points for a conversion, and 1 point for an extra point. Only the player actually winding up with the ball in the end zone receives points on touchdowns and conversions; passing for a score doesn't count.

The object of the game, just like in blackjack played with cards, is to rack up a score as close to 21 as possible without going over. Any points you score will be added to your season total, but if you go over 21, you score no points in that particular week. At the end of the season, the player with the most total points is the season champion. Also note, getting 21 exactly gives you a 10 point bonus for that week!

Example: In week one, your hand consists of Deuce McAllister, Adam Vinatieri, Peyton Manning and Tiki Barber. McAllister finds the end zone once (6 points), Vinatieri kicks a field goal (3 points) and two extra points (2 points), Manning scrambles for a TD (6 points), and Barber fails to score. Your total for the week is 17 points - not bad at all.

If, however, Barber had also scored a touchdown, your total would have been 23 points - busted! By going over 21, you wouldn't receive any points for that week.

All 104 players available in the game are chosen at the beginning of the season according to the Cafe's most recent player rankings. Injured and doubtful players are part of the game - receiving a player who won't play basically means that this player most likely won't score you very many points, so - if you are sure that a particular player will be benched - your best bet is to add another player to your hand right away.

Games that are cancelled or postponed beyond Monday will not be counted for Fantasyjack scoring.

Adding Picks

Note that a new post will be created for you the moment you hit Reply. You can add players to your hand up to the beginning of the week's first game; just edit your post, click the 'Take another card' button, and you'll be dealt a new player. (Note that just as you can be dealt two kings or two aces in regular blackjack, you can also receive more than one Earl Campbell or Jan Stenerud in this game.) Players added after the beginning of the first game won't count towards your score. After submitting your pick, it's your own responsibility to make sure it actually shows up in your post. In case of technical problems, please contact the moderator of this game and/or PM menyak.

Tiebreakers

If at the end of the season, two or more players are tied for the lead, the player with the most Fantasyjacks (weeks with a score of exactly 21) will be declared the winner. If the number of Fantasyjacks is the same, the player with the most weeks scoring 20 points will win, followed by weeks with 19 points, and so on.

Prizes

Instead of common gold and jewels, our winners receive titles, icons, and bragging rights. Let the games begin...

© 2004-2006 Stefan Micke.
Last edited by menyak on Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:54 pm, edited 8 times in total.
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby giantstakeitall » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:56 pm

very interesting! when does it start?
It may be grainy, or discolored even, but I like it!
giantstakeitall
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MCG321 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:02 pm

Just post your lineup in the Week 1 thread, and you're ready to go.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Tyr » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:30 am

In the original discussion, weren't there going to be limitations to the number of player positions you could use?

I really don't like the idea of teams filled entirely with TEs or PKs.

Also, what about inactive and IR players? Can we use, say, David Boston on our team?
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby MeShawn » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:36 am

Yea, weren't we supposed to use a RB, WR, K, and a Flex?

As for me using injured and retired players, I don't really see whats wrong with that. Though, if it isn't allowed, just tell me so I can change my picks.
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nebbie2004 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:44 am

Tyr wrote:In the original discussion, weren't there going to be limitations to the number of player positions you could use?

Also, what about inactive and IR players? Can we use, say, David Boston on our team?

IM ALL FOR MAKING THIS more interesting by not allowing ppl to use all kickers or retired/inactive players and use the 1 PK, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 Flex as described to start off with
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:07 am

nebbie2004 wrote:
Tyr wrote:In the original discussion, weren't there going to be limitations to the number of player positions you could use?

IM ALL FOR MAKING THIS more interesting by not allowing ppl to use all kickers or retired/inactive players and use the 1 PK, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 Flex as described to start off with

didn't see that in the rules. I will change my picks if that is how we are supposed to do it. You are right, picking all kickers or picking some inactive players would make it easier to not bust. using the 1 k, rb, wr, flex would make things much more interesting.

And the guy who picked 4 kickers is saying this LOL
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby MCG321 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:07 pm

nebbie2004 wrote:

Alro and I discussed this, and with the large number of people that will be involved, we decided that it'd be better if you could choose your combination. It will allow for many more strategies, and less similar entries.

(And if you're using a team with 4 kickers, GOOD LUCK staying under 21!)
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:35 pm

I like any combo. makes for more strategy. maybe 4 kickers will be perfect, who knows.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tal1286 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:35 pm

portisfan24 wrote:I like any combo. makes for more strategy. maybe 4 kickers will be perfect, who knows.

like he said...GOOD LUCK
"You're my boy blue, you're my boy."

"Hey boys, we're looking for two lucky guys to be our sun tan lotion boys" ... "Well about 3 miles down the road that way there's a huge city. i'm sure that you'll find two guys there."
tal1286
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Fantasyjack