Return to Fantasyjack

Rules of the Game

Moderator: Football Fantasyjack Mods

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:15 pm

Damn Jason Hanson FG. :-#
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:13 pm

sorry if this is written somewhere, but if u get 2 cards of the same player, and the player scores 6 points do you get 6 points or 12 points?
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CommissionerBobHope » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:37 pm

what happens if the 2 players you are dealt goes over 21, even if you didnt add anymore players. for instance, this week i had shaun alexander and jason elam. alexander scored 4 tds and elam kicked 4 xps. thats 28 points with 2 players. their should be a rule against busting with only 2 players.
A penny saved won't buy you anything.
CommissionerBobHope
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby menyak » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:52 pm

CommissionerBobHope wrote:what happens if the 2 players you are dealt goes over 21, even if you didnt add anymore players. for instance, this week i had shaun alexander and jason elam. alexander scored 4 tds and elam kicked 4 xps. thats 28 points with 2 players. their should be a rule against busting with only 2 players.

If you had been dealt only one card to start with and got Shaun Alexander, would you have seriously stopped picking and played with Shaun only? 8-o
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:02 pm

menyak wrote:
CommissionerBobHope wrote:what happens if the 2 players you are dealt goes over 21, even if you didnt add anymore players. for instance, this week i had shaun alexander and jason elam. alexander scored 4 tds and elam kicked 4 xps. thats 28 points with 2 players. their should be a rule against busting with only 2 players.

If you had been dealt only one card to start with and got Shaun Alexander, would you have seriously stopped picking and played with Shaun only? 8-o

Actually, on Sunday Night Football on ESPN, against the Houston defense, I would have.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby menyak » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:21 pm

daullaz wrote:
menyak wrote:

Actually, on Sunday Night Football on ESPN, against the Houston defense, I would have.

If the majority wants it, we can do it. Here are the tradeoffs...

- Getting two cards to start with is the way blackjack is played. We can start with one card, but then we loose the authentic blackjack feeling, and I doubt that anyone would ever play with just a single card in the first place (except you maybe ;-) ).
- We can certainly restrict the value of each card to a maximum of 10 or 11 points. By that however we destroy the simplistic beauty of the game (points on the field are points in the game - period).
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Payne Dailey » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:26 pm

menyak wrote:If the majority wants it, we can do it. Here are the tradeoffs...

- Getting two cards to start with is the way blackjack is played. We can start with one card, but then we loose the authentic blackjack feeling, and I doubt that anyone would ever play with just a single card in the first place (except you maybe ;-) ).
- We can certainly restrict the value of each card to a maximum of 10 or 11 points. By that however we destroy the simplistic beauty of the game (points on the field are points in the game - period).

I'll vote to leave it as is.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:42 pm

I vote to leave it as is also. I was just commenting that if you had asked me how many TDs Alexander would score on Sunday night, I'd have said at least three. But I definitely want to stick to having two cards to start out with.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby menyak » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:54 pm

daullaz wrote:I vote to leave it as is also. I was just commenting that if you had asked me how many TDs Alexander would score on Sunday night, I'd have said at least three. But I definitely want to stick to having two cards to start out with.

Fine by me. ;-D I guess this simply is a game of luck also! ;-)
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:13 pm

It's luck and skill combined. I like the way it is set up right now. ;-D

Believe me, I like it a TON more than the way it was done before where everyone just took two kickers every week.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasyjack