Denver Defense - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Denver Defense

Moderator: Football Moderators

Denver Defense

Postby PackMan » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:26 pm

I just wanted to get some opinions about the Denver defense. I have heard some people say they may break into the top 5 by the end of the season. Are they a good pick as a defense or is it just hype?
PackMan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 105
Joined: 30 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikey » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:50 pm

They're a pick with a lot of upside, that's for sure. They've upgraded their secondary tremendously by adding Bailey and Lynch.

But at this time, it's still questionable IMO. They play KC twice (then again, they play SD twice). I wouldn't bank my season on them just yet.

Then again, it's a defense -- if you're not getting one of the top 3 or 4, anyone of the D's in the top 10 are largely interchangeable depending on the matchup. People got a lot of mileage out of MN, STL, SEA and even KC at various points in the season last year (right now, I'd pick up anyone playing Miami if I was in a bind :-D ).

I'd appreciate your help if you get a moment:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... hp?t=73559

Thanks and good luck.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 837
Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:07 pm

Mikey wrote:They're a pick with a lot of upside, that's for sure. They've upgraded their secondary tremendously by adding Bailey and Lynch.

But at this time, it's still questionable IMO. They play KC twice (then again, they play SD twice). I wouldn't bank my season on them just yet.

Then again, it's a defense -- if you're not getting one of the top 3 or 4, anyone of the D's in the top 10 are largely interchangeable depending on the matchup. People got a lot of mileage out of MN, STL, SEA and even KC at various points in the season last year (right now, I'd pick up anyone playing Miami if I was in a bind :-D ).

I'd appreciate your help if you get a moment:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... hp?t=73559

Thanks and good luck.


Yea there are a couple of teams that might post some good matchups, San Fran (sorry to say it) might just be one of those teams.
Image
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 889
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:37 pm

I like Denver this year, they have the means to be a very sucessful sleeper D.
Image

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3408
Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: waiting for the playoff push...

Postby MadScott » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:00 pm

I too am looking forward to a big improvement in the Denver D. this year. As in years past, their success will follow with the health of their LBing corps. If these guys can put in a whole season, I say watch out, they could be a wrecking ball this year.
Image
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5924
Joined: 27 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:05 pm

I think they could be top 10, but top 5 would be tough for them to reach in that division. Plus you have a lot of talented players that have been added but teams always need time to mesh. Definitely a sleeper defense but I can't see them getting in the top 5.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2387
Joined: 6 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Diablo13 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:12 pm

Mikey wrote:(right now, I'd pick up anyone playing Miami if I was in a bind :-D ).




Harsh man.....

true

But Harsh...lol
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 769
Joined: 14 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:51 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:I like Denver this year, they have the means to be a very sucessful sleeper D.



(Not to hijack the thread but I'm curious chef, would u rather have GB or Denver's defense if u had to pick one?0

I've seen Denver ranked in the top 10 in a few publications.
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2005
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby proncis » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:06 pm

Members Only Jackets wrote:
IRON CHEF wrote:I like Denver this year, they have the means to be a very sucessful sleeper D.



(Not to hijack the thread but I'm curious chef, would u rather have GB or Denver's defense if u had to pick one?0

I've seen Denver ranked in the top 10 in a few publications.


I say Denver, GB's secondary is weak.

But I think that Denver has a chance to have a killer defense, last year there weakness was INT's the addition of Champ and Lynch helps out the entire team.
proncis
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 120
Joined: 17 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: WA

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:14 pm

would u take Denver's def for week 1 vs KC?
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2005
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football


Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 15:42 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact