Onterrio Smith cleared to play Week 1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Onterrio Smith cleared to play Week 1

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jn1520 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:44 am

My salary cap is tight, but I just let go of T. France for O. Smith.

I'm sure everyone in my league will be pissed they missed out...LOL
jn1520
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bowie » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:09 am

Why would you pick him up? For the first game of the season I assume you have un-injured starters, correct?

- He should not be starting on anyone's team week one unless they drafted Ricky Williams pre-retirement and haven't found anyone to replace him. Didn't you guys draft RBs?
- He will split carries even if he does play.
- He will be suspended at some point (probably starting week 2).
- By the time he gets back you may actually need him (bye week, injuries), but Bennett should be back.

What value does this guy have outside of a keeper league? He seems to me like a marginally valuable 1 week stopgap for team holes that shouldn't exist in week 1.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kvamp123 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:44 am

You don't think he has late season upside especially if Michael Bennet underperforms? Do you think Minny will be a RBBC and related to that I have Clevelands Suggs and Green- do you see that becoming RBBC?
kvamp123
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Chopper » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:48 am

Crap. I took a Moe flier, too. WAY against my better judgement and in major violation of my personal policy of never getting within a hundred yards of any Minny back. Having options plays right into Tice's master plan of f'ing with every fantasy player in the world. Stay away!
“The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time.”
Vince Lombardi
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Bowie » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:51 am

kvamp123 wrote:You don't think he has late season upside especially if Michael Bennet underperforms? Do you think Minny will be a RBBC and related to that I have Clevelands Suggs and Green- do you see that becoming RBBC?

He could have late season upside, but even if he starts he will lose carries. I think Smith has a whole lot of talent and is in a great offense, but the backfield is crowded in Minn. and he has got to be in Tice's doghouse for now. My post above was more about picking him up for week 1. There is no point. If you want him for later in the season than him playing week 1 only hurts you (his suspension will end one week later than if it started week 1). My question is, if you want him for later in the year and he is available on waivers, than why don't you already have him? Smith's playing in week one should mean nothing.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The_Commish » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:17 am

Bowie wrote:
kvamp123 wrote: Smith's playing in week one should mean nothing.

Sure means helluva lot to me. He'll start and get 15+ carries. Gives me another RB starter -- and not having to play Donald Driver.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk