Defense... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Defense...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Defense...

Postby cwhitty » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:03 am

I have this feeling about the Chicago D. They were pretty strong without Ugenleye and now that he's there it really solidifies the D. Anyone agree or disagree?
cwhitty
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Defense...

Postby Chopper » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:44 am

cwhitty wrote:I have this feeling about the Chicago D. They were pretty strong without Ugenleye and now that he's there it really solidifies the D. Anyone agree or disagree?

They weren't pretty strong fantasy-wise. When you don't get sacks, fumble recoveries, TD's and still allow a bunch of points, the fantasy points aren't exactly racking up. I can't see that one guy is going to change that. Admittedly they won't be as bad as last year, but I won't be drafting them. Besides, there's not much chance of sustained drives from the offense to help keep them fresh.
“The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time.”
Vince Lombardi
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Diablo13 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:59 am

I agree,

Ogunleye is a great player, but Chicago desperately needed him because they did'nt have even one good DE. Now that they have a good one, he will pull double teams and his opposite DE (I am not sure who that is) will get more opportunities. But until that other DE prooves that he can get pressure on the QB, Chicago is still a question mark. The secondary is fair but not shining. Urlacher is superb, but will his ailments catch up with him again this year?

I would try elsewhere until Chicago starts looking good. I imagine it will be on the waiver wire after the draft.
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk