Tatum Bell finally shows flashes.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tatum Bell finally shows flashes..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flux » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:55 am

Slingblade wrote:tatum will get the start by midseason..griffin cant carry the load

why?

Bell so far has

1) shown nothing
2) got in Shanny's doghouse by holding out
3) got injured
4) shown he fumbles a lot
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Slingblade » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:56 am

Flux wrote:
Slingblade wrote:tatum will get the start by midseason..griffin cant carry the load

why?

Bell so far has

1) shown nothing
3) got injured

no proof..just in my gutt...ill save this post and rub it in your face after the season :-D
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:58 am

Slingblade wrote:
Flux wrote:

why?

Bell so far has

1) shown nothing
3) got injured

no proof..just in my gutt...ill save this post and rub it in your face after the season :-D

lol :-b

ill be sure and do the same ;-)
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sammyfan711 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:02 am

I wouldn't buy into the fumble problems keeping Bell on the bench. You might remember Portis had a 3-fumble game his rookie preseason. A co-owner in my league laughed at me for drafting Portis that year after the triple fumble, 1500 yards out of Clinton and a championship season ensued.

Here is the thing: Bell is this year's Portis. Griffin is a third down back masquerading as a starter.
sammyfan711
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:03 am

sammyfan711 wrote:I wouldn't buy into the fumble problems keeping Bell on the bench. You might remember Portis had a 3-fumble game his rookie preseason. A co-owner in my league laughed at me for drafting Portis that year after the triple fumble, 1500 yards out of Clinton and a championship season ensued.

Here is the thing: Bell is this year's Portis. Griffin is a third down back masquerading as a starter.
Portis didn't miss most of training camp or hold out. There was also no one else producing, while Griffin will.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:41 am

i find myself agree with Slingblade. :-P :-b
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Randaman » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:43 pm

i think bell will start by midseason also

he just has more talent, griffin wil play while bell gets use to the offense and gets warm..
Hook'em
Randaman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Favre.com » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:39 pm

I think Bell is a franchise player with a load of talent. The problem? That talent needs to be groomed in the practice sessions. His fumbles don't worry me as much as his inability to run well vs the 3rd string Arizona D. I wouldn't call his game a "great game" , nor would I say he has shown "flashes". I admit I like Bell a lot and would like to see him start for personal reasons but my feeling is he is a year away , after Griffin puts up 1000+ yards Broncos will trade him to a team (Indy?...if they can't keep Edge maybe?) and go with Bell as the franchise RB. For this year? Its Griffin all the way with Bell getting minor amount of carries.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Grim » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:44 pm

He's a rookie. . .he made one 21 yard run, the rest of the time he sucked. If you put someone who you guys are makin him sound like in that game, they would have done a lot better than that performance. . . .and if Q was in during that time bell was, he would have had a much better performance, end of story
Opinions are like a**holes, everyone's got one.
Do you enjoy criticizing people's a**holes?
Grim
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Budman_ffc » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:33 pm

Proven NFL vets can hold-out and miss part of training camp and still do ok if they have been on that team and they are familiar with the system.... sometimes. A rookie who holds out and then misses three of four preseason games is way behind and will find it very tough to become the starter at any time during the season unless the incumbent isn't getting the job done or gets hurt. There is so much to learn, playbook, getting timing down with QB on passing plays, blocking assignments, etc. The Broncos will be giving Q-Tip most of the 1st team practice snaps each week as they practice the game plan for the upcoming opponent. Bell might start this year, but only if Griffin falters and I doubt he will behind that O-line....they are too good.
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk