Stuff you would like the NFL to adopt. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stuff you would like the NFL to adopt.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby slowkidz » Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:42 am

9er Fan wrote:I'd like to see the NFL do away with the coin toss, and do rock, scissors, paper best 2 out of 3.

lol!!! a fan after my own heart!! i would love to see the team captains doing this on the field!!!

"Ready...One...Two...Three..."
"Rock!"
"Paper!! Ha!! We get the kickoff!!!"
"Nu-huh...Cuz..cuz...Mine was really Atomic Bomb!! So we win!!! Nyyaaaahhhhh!!! pppfffffffttttttt!!!!!"

I also have to give props to the XFL for both their hotties in spandex and their rules for the game!!! What a bunch of great ideas!!! ;-D
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kashikis » Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:39 pm

all are great ideas i persoonally love the R,P,S and strip cheerleading!

but teams would lose on purpose or hire ugly cheerleaders so the other team wont score! :-o
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:03 pm

(1) Full-time refs (like every other major sport). Why should a dentist be calling a Play Off game?
(2) 1 posession guaranteed in OverTime. A coin toss shouldn't decide a game after 4 quarters.
(3) End the QB "in-the-grasp" rule. Lame. Just plain lame.
(4) End the 10-yard "no bump" rule with WRs. Make these prima donna WRs earn their paycheck.

My 2 cents, anyway.
~'Da Wease
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:57 pm

maybe eliminate the kick for extra points. They are soooooo automatic. They hardly ever miss and are hardly ever blocked. Why not go for 2 on every touchdown. It makes for more excitement. It would make a new purpose for the x-tra point, implimenting players for specific 2 pt. conversion sets. It would add a whole new dimension to the game, and could maybe have an impact on FF leagues as well. Oh, yeah, and the Cheerleader idea too. ;-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby The Sandwich » Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:02 pm

What about this. What if they developed a menu of things they could potentially change and then put it out to fans and have a vote on it? Every year they could adopt one more idea that the fans have voted as the one they have most wanted to see. That would be cool and increase fan involvement.

I like the idea of eliminating the extra point. 7 for a TD, 8 for a conversion (regular play from the 3 yard line) and 6 if you miss the conversion.

OT rules could be on the ballot.

Full time refs.

In the grasp rule.

And my personal favorite - That stupid rule about when it is a QB fumble or not. You know when he cocks his arm as if he is going to throw but the ball slips out. I HATE THAT RULE!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Nero » Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:02 pm

wait...so if a TD is 7 and you miss it's 6....

why not just make it 6 and get the 2 if you convert it? :P
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DUKE » Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:40 am

Nero wrote:wait...so if a TD is 7 and you miss it's 6....

why not just make it 6 and get the 2 if you convert it? :P

I never said a TD would automatically be 7. The TD would still equal six. Then, you go for your extra point(s) with the conversion, but eliminating the kick. I don't know if the conversion should be worth one or two. It really wouldn't matter. If you must have a kicking option, then move it back to where there's at least some degree of competition on the play. Then you would either have to kick for your 1 point (but it would not be the no-brainer chip shot that we usually assume it will go in and get up for another beer while it's happening) or go for the 2 point conversion. This would put much more emphasis on coaching strategy. Also the point or pts. after touchdown would be more watchable.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:13 am

I'd like the NFL to remove the halftime show and instead have convicts fight to the death at the halftime show. It would be more entertaining at least
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Roseman » Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:58 pm

Do like the arena league and have no out of bounds but instead of walls(boards) have bengal tigers on chains that patrol the side lines and if a guy goes out of bounds he gets mauled by the tiger until he can get back on the field.

That would sure make Fantasy Football intresting hearing you stub RB is out 6-8 for large gashes in his legs from tigers.

I guess it will never happen but it was just a thought ;-D
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby 9er Fan » Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:16 pm

Have any of you guys seen Slam-Ball? They should install trampolines at the 10 yard line, so the offensive players can propel themselves into the end zone. Of course, they would also need trampolines in the end zone so the defensive players could launch themselves into the airborne offensive players to knock them back.
Last edited by 9er Fan on Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk