RANK or ANALYZE these backs Please ! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

RANK or ANALYZE these backs Please !

Moderator: Football Moderators

RANK or ANALYZE these backs Please !

Postby greg6917 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:13 pm

1 point per 10 yards rushing
1 point per 10 yards receiving
1 point per reception
6 points for each rushing TD

I currently have Barlow,Rudi,Westbrook,and James Jackson and need 1 more back. Please rank and/or analyze these guys.
Pittman
O Smith
A Pinner
Davenport
T Hollings
Fargas
G Jones
T Minor
J Bettis
V Hayes
F Russell
A Smith

Thanks for looking at my post; refer me to any of your posts if you want me to respond to any of yours....Greg
greg6917
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby greg6917 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:16 pm

I love this site but I guess people are selfish and just window shop, rather then helping ( 26 views , 0 replys)
Thanks
greg6917
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby graphix28 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:22 pm

not too much to chose from there, but the only backs I would take are Onterio Smith, Fargas, Hollings, Greg Jones..in that order.
graphix28
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mikey » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:22 pm

That's tough because all those guys are all back ups. Unless you're playing in a really deep league, most of them probably aren't worthy of a roster spot. If you're banking on one to emerge as a result of an injury, then it's just too speculative to assign them any kind of relative rank. So what follows isn't really a ranking, but just a collection of random thoughts.

Since your league awards 1 point per reception, Pittman has SOME value (but you don't need to pick him up NOW because of his impending 3 game suspension).

Minor might have some value to the extent he's a starter, but c'mon, it's Miami.

Fargas seems closer to starting than most of these others, but right now, he's still behind Wheatley in OAK.

Sounds like Hollings might steal some carries from D. Davis. Same thing with Bettis in PITT. Neither are close to be being sure bets. If you have an interest in either one of them, you might want to see how their respective situations play out.

I like O. Smith if this is a keeper league (but again, he's facing his own 4-game suspension).

Based on last season, Davenport might vulture a TD or two, but he doesn't have enough value unless Ahman Green goes down or unless you already have Green and are looking for some insurance.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby graphix28 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:24 pm

Take Onterio Smith, forget about the suspension.
graphix28
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TWR » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:29 pm

azzzzzzweeeeeeeepay,

are u calling us selfish? why don't u try not posting such a bs question. those backs suck and the ones you already have are questionable.
TWR
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby graphix28 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:33 pm

bully! :-t
graphix28
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mikey » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:39 pm

graphix28 wrote:Take Onterio Smith, forget about the suspension.

While Mike Tice really likes O. Smith, he loves (and respects) Michael Bennett. Tice hasn't forgotten that Bennett was a Pro Bowler in 2002. Tice raved about how hard Bennett worked last year afer his foot surgery and went on and on about how much respect he has for Michael Bennett -- the man -- for overcoming the adversity of his injury.

Last year, when Bennett began the season on the IR and Moe Williams was tearing up the league, Bennett got his starting spot back, seemingly with no questions asked, as soon as he was healthy to play.

Despite Onterrio running for 140+ yards in consecutive games late last season, Bennett got his starting gig back again when he got reinjured.

All of his comments on Onterrio's drug suspension suggest to me that Tice is really disappointed with Onterrio.

Why do I say all this? Because it seems to me that this is going to always be Michael Bennett's job so long as the guy can walk. At best, this is a RBBC. Unless Bennett is completely out of the picture, I wouldn't expect much more than part-time numbers from Onterrio.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby graphix28 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:57 pm

True, but Bennett has a history of going down and if he does O. Smith will be the man in that offense. Yeah Williams will get some carries also, but Smith will be the main guy. And I was telling him to grab Smith because I think he has the biggest upside on that list that was shown in the first post in this thread. :-°
graphix28
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk