Roy Williams (WR-Detroit) prospects..is he #1 in Detroit? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Roy Williams (WR-Detroit) prospects..is he #1 in Detroit?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby klgreen1973 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:50 am

Rogers is the #1 receiver in Detroit..hands down!!! Before he got hurt last year, he put up some good numbers...and, with the extra time off and all the extra time to study the playbook, I think he will have a very good season. Plus, he is developing a very good repore with Harrington. Many analysts were comparing Rogers to Moss...they both are tall, VERY quick, can run by 95% of DB's, and have madd HOPS!!! Rogers has Fantasy Stud written all over him...will he produce this year or next.....one knows????
klgreen1973
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tomkatt » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:41 pm

It's not a bad situation for Williams to be in. You have Rogers (Harrington's favorite target), Streets, and Hakim there.... so there will be very little pressure on him. He should be able to take his time, learn the system, and get comfortable. That said, I see him having very little impact this year fantasy wise. Of course an injury to any of the others would change things a bit. I like the other rookie WR named Williams more for this year. REGGIE Williams for the Jags. ;-D
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Impressionable » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:22 pm

klgreen1973 wrote:Rogers is the #1 receiver in Detroit..hands down!!! Before he got hurt last year, he put up some good numbers...and, with the extra time off and all the extra time to study the playbook, I think he will have a very good season. Plus, he is developing a very good repore with Harrington. Many analysts were comparing Rogers to Moss...they both are tall, VERY quick, can run by 95% of DB's, and have madd HOPS!!! Rogers has Fantasy Stud written all over him...will he produce this year or next.....one knows????

I wouldn't say Rogers has Moss talent, as anyone in the league will tell you that for pure athleticism, Moss is likely the most athletic wideout to ever play the game, but Rogers has good athleticism and is quick to the ball, which is what makes him a favorite of Harrington. Also, for Rogers to reach higher levels like Moss, he'll need Harrington to really develop also.
[[Placeholder]]
Impressionable
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby smackthefirst » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:36 pm

Williams will eventually become a very good NFL WR, maybe even great. but not this quickly.

The transition from college to the NFL for WR's is very difficult. Many of the WR's drafted early have the pure athleticism to get them there. They were able to use the ability in college to win the battles 95% of the time. But in the NFL their athleticism is usually average at best. Rare anomolies like Moss do occur, but very rarely.

WR's need not only the game time but the practice time to learn how to run proper and crisper routes. They're not going to come into the NFL and just blow by the Baileys, McCallisters and such. Thats why you normally see WR's break out by year 3 or they never do.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby CC » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:20 pm

Impressionable wrote:
klgreen1973 wrote:Rogers is the #1 receiver in Detroit..hands down!!! Before he got hurt last year, he put up some good numbers...and, with the extra time off and all the extra time to study the playbook, I think he will have a very good season. Plus, he is developing a very good repore with Harrington. Many analysts were comparing Rogers to Moss...they both are tall, VERY quick, can run by 95% of DB's, and have madd HOPS!!! Rogers has Fantasy Stud written all over him...will he produce this year or next.....one knows????

I wouldn't say Rogers has Moss talent, as anyone in the league will tell you that for pure athleticism, Moss is likely the most athletic wideout to ever play the game, but Rogers has good athleticism and is quick to the ball, which is what makes him a favorite of Harrington. Also, for Rogers to reach higher levels like Moss, he'll need Harrington to really develop also.

I have read that Rogers has near-Moss talent many times. One guy went so far to say that Rogers is a small bit below Moss in the physical section of football, but should be as successful because of his willingness to go across the middle.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk