Neon Deion.....enough already - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Neon Deion.....enough already

Moderator: Football Moderators

Neon Deion.....enough already

Postby Diablo13 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:55 pm

Ok maybe I'm biased...
I remember after the 9ers beat the Chargers in the SB, Sanders said in an interview that, had he joined the dolphins, which was on the table that preseason, the dolphins would have won the SB. Common!

This may have some fantasy impact because he will charge up an already pumped ravens D. But really, he is not a one man team, and if I checked my clock lately, he's gettin pretty old. So he beat a couple friends in a foot race during a traffic jam or something insane like that. I bet they were his body guards who usually clock in around 300+ anyways. (don't quote this, I am just joking). But is anybody tired of hearing about Deion.

He is a stellar athlete, He is destined to the hall of fame, He is a true competitor, and he is full of hot air.

Is this ONE guy gonna make that much impact in an otherwise GREAT defense. NO! He made the decision to play again because he knows that, if he goes into the Hall of Fame, he will be a great memory, he doesn't want to be a great memory, he wants to be in the limelight....shall we say, the neon light.

Nothing but love for the guy, I truely respect him as an athlete, but common, I'm tired of hearing about this, he will not improve the ravens D to the extent that is suggested.
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Neon Deion.....enough already

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:57 pm

Diablo13 wrote:Ok maybe I'm biased...
I remember after the 9ers beat the Chargers in the SB, Sanders said in an interview that, had he joined the dolphins, which was on the table that preseason, the dolphins would have won the SB. Common!

This may have some fantasy impact because he will charge up an already pumped ravens D. But really, he is not a one man team, and if I checked my clock lately, he's gettin pretty old. So he beat a couple friends in a foot race during a traffic jam or something insane like that. I bet they were his body guards who usually clock in around 300+ anyways. (don't quote this, I am just joking). But is anybody tired of hearing about Deion.

He is a stellar athlete, He is destined to the hall of fame, He is a true competitor, and he is full of hot air.

Is this ONE guy gonna make that much impact in an otherwise GREAT defense. NO! He made the decision to play again because he knows that, if he goes into the Hall of Fame, he will be a great memory, he doesn't want to be a great memory, he wants to be in the limelight....shall we say, the neon light.

Nothing but love for the guy, I truely respect him as an athlete, but common, I'm tired of hearing about this, he will not improve the ravens D to the extent that is suggested.
The Ravens could do far worse at nickelback. He can probably take most slot recievers in the league.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The_Commish » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:02 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:

The Ravens could do far worse at nickelback. He can probably take most slot recievers in the league.

I agree, they could do A LOT worse. Deion's stated he won't embarrass himself on the field this time (unlike when he was counted on heavily in Washington) -- and he's in a good position to not do that as a nickel.

He's not an NFL starting corner anymore. Can he make a big impact?? That answer is a resounding YES for what situation he is in with Baltimore.

If he were coming back to try to fill the shoes of Chris McAllister & expecting to make the defense perform at the same level, you could say it's typical Deion and he was/is destined to fail. But he's not coming back a la Michael Jordan and impeding the progress of his fellow players.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Diablo13 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:07 pm

Ahhhh!

I failed to research that part of it.

Makes more sense now. But I still wish the media wouldn't make such a huge deal of it
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:08 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:

I've read that when Deion comes into the nickel formation they're talking about putting him on the flanker.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:28 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:

I've read that when Deion comes into the nickel formation they're talking about putting him on the flanker.
8-o Oh man Deion is gonna get torched. I can't believe they would seriously consider matching Deion up against Hines Ward or Chad Johnson.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:40 pm

Diablo13 wrote:Makes more sense now. But I still wish the media wouldn't make such a huge deal of it

They really can't help it. Besides Ron Dayne's preseason success, what else are they going to talk about regarding football? Deion is one of the most "famous" athletes ever, and especially in the last 15 years, so his return is obviously going to get some attention.

Also, while Deion is clearly not what he used to be, he fills the one whole that Baltimore has on defense, nickelback.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk