Nice QB pick for deep leagues. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Nice QB pick for deep leagues.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Nice QB pick for deep leagues.

Postby Azrael » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:20 pm

Carson Palmer. This guy is going to have a great year. I'm convinced he's got enough weapons around him to help him do well right now. He's done very well in the pre-season except for like one outing, which I can forgive. I'll draft him as my backup no doubt but it will be hard to start him in a 10 team league or less when you've got 10 pretty good QBs to start off with. I could probably start him in a 12 team league if I was looking at him as my primary QB.

I've got Johnson ranked as my #4 receiver behind Moss/Holt/and Harrison. I would take him in every league if the draft fell out that way to me.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:26 pm

I think Palmer has the means to step in and truly suceed with that offense around him, so I agree with you.

But I have to ask, why Chad in front of Owens and Ward??

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kanezfan11 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:37 pm

I agree with Palmer having a nice year, but man, Chad in front of T.O. and Ward?

My rankings are Moss, Harrison, TO, Ward, CJ, Holt (yes, i have Holt slipping that much)... Yell at me if you want, we'll see Holt's stats at the end of the year :-)

Seems CJ has been slipping for some reason too, don't know why... he's Top 5 in that rankings IMO, or 6 if you put Holt in front of him.

But yea, Palmer should be good. CJ is obviously good, Rudi takes some of the load off, and Warrick and Kelley Washington are both good too.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby shockandawe_ffc » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:47 am

Don't know much about Palmer. Can anyone enlighten me on his running skills? How does he compare to say... Pennington? Plummer? McNair? Garcia? running wise and rushing TD wise.
shockandawe_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby aussieboy » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:59 am

haha.....when i read the title of your topic, the QB that immediately sprung to mind was indeed Carson Palmer.

I agree with you AZ. I think Palmer could have a really good yr. Palmer's impressive play has given me a lot of confidence in CJ. I think CJ numbers will at least hold from last yr. Im trying to trade for Chad in my local league.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:31 am

shockandawe wrote:Don't know much about Palmer. Can anyone enlighten me on his running skills? How does he compare to say... Pennington? Plummer? McNair? Garcia? running wise and rushing TD wise.

Palmer wont get you many if any points on the ground

Even though the Bengals have a very tough schedule, I look for him to have a very nice year. He of course will throw some INTs, but as he starts to get more of a feel for the game you will see the mistakes come down a lot. Next year people are going to be grabbing him as their #1.

I also dont think there is any team that can really compare to the WRs CIN has. I may be a homer, but CJ, Warrick, and K. Washington are all amazingly talented. If the line gives Palmer time (which they should) he will have a field day picking apart the defenses
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:40 am

I agree - I am rebuilding a dynasty team and he is going to be my starter. I'm about a year away from being real competitive anyway so I figured I'd bite the bullet and trade for him while he was affordable. He may have a few bad outings due to inexperience but overall he should be a nice surprise. I think he'll be in high demand next season for sure.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Wesley Walker » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:09 am

I agree that Palmer could do really well this year. I also agree that Chad is a stud. But I don't rate him higher than T.O. or Hines. This is because I can't see Palmer doing better than Kitna over the course of a long season. Maybe he'll do as well, but not better. Not during his first full year as a starter. But I don't see Chad dropping much (like some pundits have him dropping on their cheat sheets) because of the first-year QB factor. I think Palmer will succeed.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Football Talk