the official preseason means nothing thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

the official preseason means nothing thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

the official preseason means nothing thread

Postby cooleyhigh » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:21 am

I have seen this quote at least 50 times over the past month. So anyone new to the forum forget anything you might have read.

I mean if preseason served any purpose in evaluating talent, NFL teams might schedule 4 games or so to see who should start, make the team etc...

I will expand and make this the he has not played a single down in the NFL thread. If there was some mystical way to evaluate football talent based on past performance the NFL might employ a system of scouts or something similiar that watch prospects play. They might take this a step further and subject these players to physical and mental examinations...they would call it a...combine.

In summation, it is all a crapshoot now. May dumb luck prevail ;-D
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:18 am

last year's preseason:

new england: 4-0
carolina:4-0

it may not serve a purpose in evaluating talent, but it can help you pick the super bowl teams ;-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:36 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:last year's preseason:

new england: 4-0
carolina:4-0

it may not serve a purpose in evaluating talent, but it can help you pick the super bowl teams ;-D

the year the chargers went 1-15's preseason record: 4-0
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mad benjamin » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:57 pm

Preseason DOES serve a purpose... to injure your squad before the season starts.

They should abolish the preseason and put in 2 more regular season games if the owners are worried about revenue. Would 1 sold out game bring in more money between gate fee and tv revenues than 2 home preseason games? Especially if your starting QB is healthy enough not to miss the first half of the season?
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: the official preseason means nothing thread

Postby fntsyrookie » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:42 am

cooleyhigh wrote:I have seen this quote at least 50 times over the past month. So anyone new to the forum forget anything you might have read.

I mean if preseason served any purpose in evaluating talent, NFL teams might schedule 4 games or so to see who should start, make the team etc...

I will expand and make this the he has not played a single down in the NFL thread. If there was some mystical way to evaluate football talent based on past performance the NFL might employ a system of scouts or something similiar that watch prospects play. They might take this a step further and subject these players to physical and mental examinations...they would call it a...combine.

In summation, it is all a crapshoot now. May dumb luck prevail ;-D

LOL. Well said. ;-D
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk