Down year for Harrison? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Down year for Harrison?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Down year for Harrison?

Postby andus » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:00 pm

His numbers were inconsistent last year (injury? not sure) and he's not getting any younger. Plus Wayne is going to get a good number of touches. Will Marvin still be a top-5 receiver?
andus
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BlitzBoyz » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:05 pm

With the coverage rules being enforced, less jams and holding, you bet he is. Harrison and Manning have a rapport, they're on the same page. No way I bet against Harrison on this.

Frankly, I expect the WR numbers to be well up across the board if they enforce the coverage rules all season.
You live and learn - or you don't live long.
BlitzBoyz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby steelerfan04 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:19 pm

If it weren't for the more enforced coverage rules, I'd say he stats would decline a little bit. Wayne will get more touches and Harrison isn't getting younger. That being said, it will be almost impossible to stop him this year.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby TheGZA » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:25 pm

1,300 or 1,400 yards (whatever he tallied last yr) a down year?!?! he will go toe-to-toe with moss this year and can sometimes be stolen in mid-3nd rounds of drafts. he will find the endzone as many or more times than several of the top 20 tailbacks.
TheGZA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:26 pm

Top 5? He'll be fight Randy for top spot. I think this rule enforcement is going to help him the most. He's smaller so the contact affected him more than bigger stronger recievers like Moss and TO. Look for Harrison to explode again this year. Bettering last years numbers. And with all the talk about Wayne Harrison will be facing less Double Teams. Thats scary!!

About his age: He's made in the mold of Rice. I don't see a big decline for a few more seasons.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deftdelivery » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:28 pm

Last year, as impossible as it sounds with the points he still put up, was a down year for Harrison. Not this year, though. He'll be as big as ever ;-D
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby crystalsgold1 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:37 pm

It will be a less productive year than last year,he's older,starting to lose his skills(not much though),and after about the 3-4th week of play,the refs will start slacking off on that rule change.
crystalsgold1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:39 pm

TheGZA wrote:1,300 or 1,400 yards (whatever he tallied last yr) a down year?!?! he will go toe-to-toe with moss this year and can sometimes be stolen in mid-3nd rounds of drafts. he will find the endzone as many or more times than several of the top 20 tailbacks.

Definitely. I had him on my team last year as my 2nd round pick and he did not play worthy of that pick. He was inconsistent and a headache all year.

He went for 1272yds and 10 TD's on the year. 350yds and 5 TD's came in two games.

That leaves 900yds and 5 TD's for the other 14 games...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby a1doug182 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:39 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:Top 5? He'll be fight Randy for top spot. I think this rule enforcement is going to help him the most. He's smaller so the contact affected him more than bigger stronger recievers like Moss and TO. Look for Harrison to explode again this year. Bettering last years numbers. And with all the talk about Wayne Harrison will be facing less Double Teams. Thats scary!!

About his age: He's made in the mold of Rice. I don't see a big decline for a few more seasons.

I too believe Harrison will be a top WR. But all the talk about Wayne will not take away the double teams. Harrison has a very proven track record and Wayne does not. It will take a lot more than talk to take away the double teams.
a1doug182
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:44 pm

a1doug182 wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:Top 5? He'll be fight Randy for top spot. I think this rule enforcement is going to help him the most. He's smaller so the contact affected him more than bigger stronger recievers like Moss and TO. Look for Harrison to explode again this year. Bettering last years numbers. And with all the talk about Wayne Harrison will be facing less Double Teams. Thats scary!!

I too believe Harrison will be a top WR. But all the talk about Wayne will not take away the double teams. Harrison has a very proven track record and Wayne does not. It will take a lot more than talk to take away the double teams.

I just said he'd be facing less of them with Stokley and Wayne being in the picture. And I do believe he will.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk