Will Barlow have a better season than Hambrick did last year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Barlow have a better season than Hambrick did last year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Go Vikes » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:53 pm

I would take him in the third to fourth round. I'm not high on him either. I would consider taking manning or culpepper before him.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:50 am

Go Vikes wrote:I would take him in the third to fourth round. I'm not high on him either. I would consider taking manning or culpepper before him.

If ANYONE is taking Barlow over Culpepper or Manning in the 2nd round you deserve to be beaten in the head with a tack hammer.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hardcore » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:35 am

Ok, well I took him before Culpepper and Manning. Anyone who passes on Barlow will be beating themselves with the dumb stick cuz he is this year's Jamal Lewis. FF'ers seem to make the same mistake year in and year out, drafting players based on last year..ROFL. I'm not a homer, but, Barlow will be top 5 rb this year , he is guaranteed to have 300+ carries this year and many receptions, provided he stays healthy. That alone puts him in the top 9. He has a cupcake schedule and is going to be atleast 40 % the SF offense. All the ingredients are there for a breakout year......It's a joke that he is even getting to the 3rd round. He should be NOT BE available anywhere lower than 12-13 in any INTELLIGENT LEAGUE.
hardcore
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Monty » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:08 am

goleafsgo96 wrote:The big difference between Hambrick and Barlow is talent- plain and simple.

Thats what it comes down to... and Barlow has waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more of it
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:58 am

I too took Barlow over Manning and, yes, the legenedary fantasy QB that never was very legendary, Daunte Culpepper.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:07 am

In the last 5 games of last season, Barlow averaged 131.4 total yards and 1 TD per game. All season, only once did he carry the ball more than 18 times in a game. In Week 18 @Philly, no slouch on defense, he carried th ball 30 times for 154 yards (5.1 ypc).
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:08 am

Wesley Walker wrote:In the last 5 games of last season, Barlow averaged 131.4 total yards and 1 TD per game. All season, only once did he carry the ball more than 18 times in a game. In Week 18 @Philly, no slouch on defense, he carried th ball 30 times for 154 yards (5.1 ypc).

Actually Philly was a pretty bad defence last year. Especially against the run. And what you fail to mention is when he was doing this he had TO and Garcia there taking pressure off him. TO got the defence's attention, NOT Barlow. Barlow gets all of it this year.......And BTW, does anyone know what Hambricks YPC ave. was before last year? If I'm not mistaken it was over 5. I do agree however Barlow is much more talented and should have a better season than Hambrick did last year. But LT2 he is not and he wont be able to handle the pressure and crack the top 10 RBs.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:41 pm

Hambrick sucks ass. There are way too many threads in the Cafe about him. IMO, there should be one and only one thread in the Cafe about Hambrick, and it should go something like this:

Q: How will Hambrick do this year?

A: He will suck.

Barlow is a different story. He is a talented (+), versatile (+) back, who is unproven as a full time feature back (-), has an injury history (-), and plays for a terrible team (-). IMO, he will struggle somewhat, but still eclipse 1000 yards rushing and maybe 6-7 TDs.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby crimsonrebel » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:27 pm

Well I took Barlow in the first round at pick 11. Daunte and Mannin were both gone, and every other pick taken was a RB. Sure I could have had Lewis or Henry, but you don't want your first round pick to lose their job. I was a little worried, but going into the season I'm gaining confidence in my pick.
crimsonrebel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:03 pm

crimsonrebel wrote:Well I took Barlow in the first round at pick 11. Daunte and Mannin were both gone, and every other pick taken was a RB. Sure I could have had Lewis or Henry, but you don't want your first round pick to lose their job. I was a little worried, but going into the season I'm gaining confidence in my pick.

I wouldn't be. Bad pick!! What about Moss? Harrison?

As for RBs, there's a boat load I'd take over Barlow at that spot, Henry and Lewis are 2 of them. Not to mention, Dillon, Brown, Rudi ummmmmmm I know there's more I just can't think of them right now......As for WRs...TO, Holt and the 2 I already mentioned. Barlow is late second ealy 3rd round material. As a #1 back? :-t
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk