Perfect in preseason - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Perfect in preseason

Moderator: Football Moderators

Perfect in preseason

Postby Diablo13 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:43 pm

Last year, if my memory serves me correct, the only two teams that went undefeated in preseason were the Pats and the Panthers. We all know how their seasons turned out. This year, the Panthers are the only team to go 4-0 in preseason. I don't much believe in preseason as a harbinger of things to come, but it certainly was last year.

The Panthers are a strong team, with obviously strong backups, yet they have only fair fantasy value. Fair to good RB, fair QB, good WR, very good D.

So what is the outlook for this team?
Do the fantasy studs of last year stand up and put them over the top again?
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:26 pm

The way I see their key fantasy players:

Delhomme - rises over last year...he is improving every single game and is the real deal. Not a solid fantasy QB yet, but will continue to improve

Davis - falls from last year...simply because he is aging and will be used less in the offense....we are keeping...

Foster - fresh for much of this year...will see lots of PT and be given oppurtunities - rises over last year

S. Smith - slight rise over last year...as Delhomme progresses, Smith progresses, and we're going to be passing the ball a bit more this season with confidence

Muhammad - falls from last year...aging, will really only be used as a possession receiver...no longer the top choice on 3rd down

That's the way I see it ;-D And HELL YEA I'm glad to see we went 4-0 (ya ya preseason schmeseason)
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby irishboy » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:35 pm

as soons as read the subject i knew u were talkin about the panthers, and i couldnt disagree with you more; preseason means nothing and the patchwork o-line with 1 guy left from lest year is gonna show up in the regular season; carolina's offense will go down the drain;

u heard it here
IRISH PRIDE (WHAT'S WRONG WITH ALL CAPS)
irishboy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:38 pm

I dont see them going to the Superbowl, but too many people are counting out Carolina, they are far from a terrible team.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rat Pack » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:04 pm

ok Irishboy, I hope you're still around to take the heat for that comment when the Panthers are rolling along better than ever in a few weeks.
"Here's the thing: if you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, you are the sucker."- Rounders
Rat Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 Survivor

Re: Perfect in preseason

Postby Impressionable » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:14 pm

Diablo13 wrote:Last year, if my memory serves me correct, the only two teams that went undefeated in preseason were the Pats and the Panthers. We all know how their seasons turned out. This year, the Panthers are the only team to go 4-0 in preseason. I don't much believe in preseason as a harbinger of things to come, but it certainly was last year.

Actually, there were 4 teams. 3 of them were good, the Pats, the Panthers, and the Titans. The other one sucked, and it was the Cardinals, and we all know what happened there.

Diablo13 wrote:The Panthers are a strong team, with obviously strong backups, yet they have only fair fantasy value. Fair to good RB, fair QB, good WR, very good D.

So what is the outlook for this team?
Do the fantasy studs of last year stand up and put them over the top again?

You should see the passing game increase, while Davis, still the primary option, won't be getting as good of numbers as last year because of the O-Line questions and aging. The defense will still be good, and will still likely have the best front 7 in football.
[[Placeholder]]
Impressionable
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:22 pm

My San Diego Chargers went 4-0 in the preseason a couple years ago. That was the same year that they went 1-15.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:33 pm

Although last year the preseason records predicted the Super Bowl teams I would never depend on them for an accurate prognostication for the season. I think it is safe to say the Rams have enjoyed a fair amount of sucess the last few years, but they have a bad preseason record.

I can't believe I used the word prognostication. B-)

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk