Thomas Jones? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thomas Jones?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thomas Jones?

Postby Melo255 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:00 pm

What's everybody expecting out of him this year? Is he firmly entrenched in the same tier as Tiki Barber and Duce Staley or is he going to prove more valuable this season? I don't know much about him but my friends been singing his praises for this year so I thought I'd try to get some other opinions. Any opinions welcome.
Melo255
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby andus » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:03 pm

Upside: he's very athletically talented, Bears' only real offensive weapon, behind a decent O-line.

Downside: Bears have no passing attack, so opponents can stack up against the run.
andus
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bryan1327 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:33 pm

I think he will do fine..they, the Bears, have seemed to have built the offence around him...kinda taking a mixture of the KC O-plan..and Lovie seems to have taken some of the Rams O-plans with him to Chicago. A-Train just did not fit the build for that offence..Jones seems to fit very well there..He can catch..has the burst of speed..If all works out..he should be fine.

A think a very good #2 back for any fantasy league..
"I am a shining example of what you never wanna be" TESLA '04
bryan1327
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby hander99 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:55 pm

bryan1327 wrote:I think he will do fine..they, the Bears, have seemed to have built the offence around him...kinda taking a mixture of the KC O-plan..and Lovie seems to have taken some of the Rams O-plans with him to Chicago. A-Train just did not fit the build for that offence..Jones seems to fit very well there..He can catch..has the burst of speed..If all works out..he should be fine.

I agree totally with you..I really think Lovie is going to try and recreate the rams offense and although he can't do that this season I think he feels he has the right back to begin that transformation. I am definetly willing to take thomas Jones in the third round of my 12 person draft because I feel he is a solid number 2 guy with number one potential.
hander99
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Budman_ffc » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:25 pm

hander99 wrote:
bryan1327 wrote:I think he will do fine..they, the Bears, have seemed to have built the offence around him...kinda taking a mixture of the KC O-plan..and Lovie seems to have taken some of the Rams O-plans with him to Chicago. A-Train just did not fit the build for that offence..Jones seems to fit very well there..He can catch..has the burst of speed..If all works out..he should be fine.

I agree totally with you..I really think Lovie is going to try and recreate the rams offense and although he can't do that this season I think he feels he has the right back to begin that transformation. I am definetly willing to take thomas Jones in the third round of my 12 person draft because I feel he is a solid number 2 guy with number one potential.

Me too.....He has averaged 6.5 yds per carry so far this preseason and that's primarily against 1st team defenses. I don't think he is the 2nd coming of LT, but he will make a decent #2 RB at the minimum. I picked him up in round 12! Can you believe it????

(10 team league/15 players per team)
We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D

My Roster:
QB's: T. Green, R. Gannon
RB's: A. Green, E. James, K. Barlow, T. Jones, Q. Griffin
WR's: C. Johnson, C. Chambers, J. Smith, P. Burress, J. Porter
TE's: A. Gates
Kicker: S. Janikowski
Def: St. Louis Rams - (at home vs AZ in week 1)
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Wesley Walker » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:30 pm

If he starts the season well, then I give him my full endorsement. I'd take him over Tiki or Duce.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Navyseal » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:19 pm

I'm yet to drink the T. Jones kool-aid... but seeing is believing. Personally, I think he'll probably be solid and get hurt around week 5 or 6, and A-Train will get his job back. Just a hunch of course.
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

T. Jones

Postby Bears_Fan » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:14 pm

I am a Bears fan so I may have some incite many but not all of you are aware of. Without Booker the Bears offense, already troubled with o-line/qb issues as Grossman is good but unexperience is in trouble. Jones will be lucky to get more than 5 tds and his yards should be inconsistent. He is a good #3 rb but not much more, and nowhere near chris brown and other sleeper picks.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby madmike » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:44 pm

Excellent #2 RB...he's going to get the ball 20 times a game...he'll surprise us all.
-Mad Mike
madmike
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Wesley Walker » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:50 pm

andus wrote:Upside: he's very athletically talented, Bears' only real offensive weapon, behind a decent O-line.

Downside: Bears have no passing attack, so opponents can stack up against the run.

Do you have a link for this capsule? Or is it your own?
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Football Talk