TIKI'S VALUE GOES DOWN - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TIKI'S VALUE GOES DOWN

Moderator: Football Moderators

TIKI'S VALUE GOES DOWN

Postby Slingblade » Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:40 pm

Contacting absentee running back Ron Dayne wasn't exactly on top of coach Jim Fassel's to-do list yesterday.

"That's not the first thing I tried to take care of when I walked in here," Fassel said, back at Giants Stadium after attending NFL meetings in Phoenix last week. "I've got guys here I'm worrying about right now."

As the second week of the Giants' off-season conditioning program began, Dayne remained the only unexcused absence from the "voluntary" workouts. Dayne is working out with a personal trainer, according to his agent, Terry Lavenstein.

Lavenstein has said Dayne believes he can better prepare for the upcoming season without the guidance of the Giants' strength and conditioning staff. Fassel has taken that criticism personally.

"I don't agree with that at all. I take offense to that," Fassel said. "Most every player around here has improved, including Ron Dayne. The guys I've hired, the guys who are here working, are outstanding. Sometimes an agent has no clue about ... building team chemistry."

Fassel was initially irked after Dayne told him last month he would attend the off-season program, then sent word through Lavenstein that he would not.

"If that's what he chooses, that's what he chooses," Fassel said. "There's a number of issues here. When I call a player, I want a return phone call."

The Giants would like to sign Jaguars free-agent running back Stacey Mack if they can do so at an affordable price.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Roseman » Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:52 pm

If they sign Mack that will definitly take away from Tiki especially around the goal line. I dont think Mack will go to NY because I think he wants to start not play back-up again
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Homeless » Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:12 pm

Damn it to hell ! I hope this isnt another full RB by committee move. :~(
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby hayesb26 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:24 pm

i know homey!! damn that commitee :-P
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:52 am

He may want to start somewhere, but there aren't too many openings for that role. He'll end up goalline, touchdown stealing back again this year.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby converge241 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:41 am

hopefully mack will go with Texans cause Tiki is primed for a monster year

there were rumors he may just stay in jacksonville too though (hes not getting the type of $$$ offers he expected)
Black and Gold through and through
The Six Time Super Bowl CHAMPIONS
converge241
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VIPER » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:58 am

Agree with Converge....let him go to the Texans!!!
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:02 am

If Mack signs, Barber's value goes down again.
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Sandwich » Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:54 am

Will it really drag Tiki down? Mack is more of a blocking back. Tiki was running mostly out of a single back set last year. Dayne was useless. With a blocking back is it possible he might need to do less improv and just follow Mack through the hole, take a few less hits? I guess it does give NY one more option at the goal line. I still see Tiki as a nice starter in leagues where you start two backs.
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby fntsyrookie » Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:05 pm

The Sandwich wrote:Will it really drag Tiki down? Mack is more of a blocking back. Tiki was running mostly out of a single back set last year. Dayne was useless. With a blocking back is it possible he might need to do less improv and just follow Mack through the hole, take a few less hits? I guess it does give NY one more option at the goal line. I still see Tiki as a nice starter in leagues where you start two backs.

I'm not sure Mack is as much of a blocking back as he is a goaline back. He steals goaline TDs. Blocking backs don't usually leave their teams because they think they can start somewhere else.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk