Young Guns... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Young Guns...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Young Guns...

Postby Cupertino_11 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:45 am

I'd like to get some opinions from you guys since I know several of you are devoted to the teams these young RB's play for. How do you envision these four this year?

Trung Canidate / Kevan Barlow / Amos Zeroue / Troy Hambrick

Not necessary to comment on all four unless you want to.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby grimreaper » Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:56 am

trung and zero have good shots to have big seasons that is if zero can totally unseat the bus. hambrick now is the time all we been hearing is how this guy was going to be a stud after emmitt was gone well he's gone lets see what ya got. barlow no better than last season cuz still sharing carries. just my opinion.
watch the dark corners and don't sleep or I will steal your fantasy football soul
grimreaper
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Nero » Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:30 am

I am beginning to wonder about Barlow...
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DUKE » Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:49 am

Hambrick didn't show me much last year. I think he acted like a jack-@ss when he started bitching last year. I'm anxious to see how Candidate plays. If they give him the rock, he could bust out some big plays. Barlow could have a good year, but Hearst will probably need to go down, which happens pretty often.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby fntsyrookie » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:03 am

Barlow: His production depends on how many times he touches the ball in relationship to Hearst. If he gets the majority of carries I think he'll do fairly well

Amos: Same as Barlow but replace Hearst with the Bus. I like Amos. He runs hard and showed glimpses of his potential last year.

Trung: Will he even get the starting job? That's the big question. They now have Trung, Ladell Betts, and Kenny Watson. Is Trung guaranteed the starting spot? If so then I think he might be worth a late 2nd to mid 3rd pick. I think he's got the skills to be a decent back in the NFL, and I believe his pysche was damaged by Martz. I mean how well are you going to play when your constantly be scrutinized and in the dog house?

Also regarding Trung is this. I can see Spurrier dinking around with the situation too. If he doesn't start out hot I can see Spurrier yanking him and putting Betts or Watson in. Of course this is all speculation on my part and only time will tell.

Hambrick: I really don't know much about him. I haven't kept my eye on him at all. I don't think he's going to benefit from having an All-Pro line like Emmitt had in his day, but then again I don't know for sure. Either way in his case time will tell.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:31 am

Amos Zeroue , famous Amos will be his name after this coming season is done. He will excel ! just hope the Bus doesnt get to many carries.

Canidate : forget it, he has made a HUGE mistake signing with SPURRIER (not the skins)

Barlow: dont expect too much

Hambrick: Committee is heading his way. Even if he gets the majority of carries, probably wont do great things this year.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby converge241 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:39 am

trung and amos will have the best year out of those 4 , IMO

dont expect the rushing yards out of trung in fun n gun but he should get some goaline tds and be in the passing mix
Black and Gold through and through
The Six Time Super Bowl CHAMPIONS
converge241
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:04 am

I think the money man here is Amos. He is going to be a stud in the next few years
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Roseman » Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:12 am

Candiate and Zero have great potential to make a major Fantasy impact Barlow I am still not sold on I he became the workhorse I think he could put up good #'s but as long as he is platooning with Hearst he is nothing more than a fourth RB. Hambrick looks like a he may be the man in Big D which would be good but he hasnt proven anything yet I wouldnt waste a Draft pick on him he will be avaiable in FA
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Indy Dragons » Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:38 pm

1. Z
2. Barlow
3. Trung
62. Hambrick

I think Z will be the man in Pitt, only because I think the Bus has parked. Barlow has the potential, and without Mooch there, I think they may use Barlow more now (at least I'm hoping). IF Candidate can win, AND KEEP, the starting job in Washington, he should be a good back with tons and tons and tons of potential in the offensive scheme there. Hambrick is just a lost cause, and even though he will be selected in most drafts (if he is the starter in Dallas), he shouldn't do much. But with Parcells in Dallas, it is hard to say. I will be able to tell you more after the NFL draft, and see what Dallas picks up.
Indy Dragons
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk