Why does everyone hate Priest Holmes? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why does everyone hate Priest Holmes?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Nero » Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:27 pm

I'm with Sling...

The heyday is over..and his contract bickering is a pisser.
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Indy Dragons » Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:58 am

I have a big QUESTION MARK by him in my projections, and that tells me, I need to be paying more attention to him in preseason than others. I still have him in my top five, and if in preseason he shows me he is even 90%, I will probably bump him up a spot or two.

I believe there is a twofold question here that you really want answered: 1) Why don't we all have PH rated at #1 right now? 2) Why do we all think PH may not be #1 for 2003?

My take:
1) IF I'm in a draft today or tomorrow, I cannot take the uncertainty of drafting PH. I believe I need my first round pick to produce, and I'm just not 100% confident that PH will be at 90% next season, so thus, I cannot rank PH at #1 today. Somebody like LT2, or Portis is a much more definate thing at the moment, and why they rank higher for me. Yes, I know, anybody could be injured in preseason, but I cannot take that into account, because I cannot see in the future. I CAN SEE, what is being said and done now, and PH just doesn't 'sound' good to me!!

2) IF PH would have played 16 games last season, and had no problems up til now, I believe he would be #1 on 99% of the projections for the 2003 season - he would be on mine! BUT, I think we have all seen too many injuries in one season that carried over into the next season. We've seen too many off-season surgeries that weren't suppose to affect the player the next season that did. These kind of things scare us FF players now, and we are less likely to want a guy like that until he proves he is good. (Remember Beuerline from a few years ago? He was a stud one year, and the following year EVERYBODY thought he was going to remain a stud, because Carolina was essentially the same team. But Beuerline went under the knife for like the 1000th time, and they said it would be no problem, and he would be 'good as new' for the upcoming season. Well, he went early in many, many, many drafts, and what happened? BUST!!!!)
Indy Dragons
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk