Is A Lelie going to produce or not?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is A Lelie going to produce or not??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is A Lelie going to produce or not??

Postby Superman in Training » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:23 pm

What is this idiots problem??? I am about ready to drop him for some other WR that are looking good out there.
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:35 pm

I guess it would depend on who is "out there". I picked him (and Watts) up in a couple leagues but I wouldn't expect starting numbers out of either. I have them as emergency backups.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Superman in Training » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:46 pm

"out there" means some guys that have been putting up way better numbers then he has. I really can't name names unfort. right now.. too many people in my league are listening.

QB: McNabb,Garcia
RB: L. Tomlinson, F. Taylor, K.Jones, C.Brown, O. Smith, , Ron Dayne <-- you never know
WR:T. Owens, A.Boldin, A. Lelie, A. Davis,
TE: Antonio Gates
K: J. Kasay
D: New England
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:54 pm

I would stash Lelie as a #4. Watts as a #5 or #6. I like Watts for next year but I think too much has been made of preseason. I expect Lelie to put up better numbers than Watts this season and he should hold onto the starting job. Watts is a great pickup in dynasty leagues though.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

no

Postby bagobonez » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:01 pm

History shows that not too many #2 WR's crack 1,000 yards. Those that do are on high-octane, pass heavy offenses. Is Denver a high-octane pass heavy offense? Not really. Especially with Watts challenging him. I wouldn't expect more than 800 yards and 6 TD's.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tomkatt » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:51 am

Something else to consider is that Plummer just isn't that great of a passer. He never has been. Struggles to throw the out with authority, and relies more on making plays with his scrambling ability. I think when he needs a key play he will look to Rod Smith first. Last I heard they said Plummer had lost confidence in Lelie, and Watts was dazzling everybody. Personally, I don't see either Lelie or Watts doing much this year.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The_Commish » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:36 pm

I'll go against everyone here and say Lelie will top 1000 yards and have 7+ TD's and be the Broncos leading WR.

And everyone will be laughing that they thought Darius Watts would be taking his job.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk