Stacked At RB - Who do I start?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stacked At RB - Who do I start??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stacked At RB - Who do I start??

Postby Mr. Unsure » Wed Sep 11, 2002 11:25 am

I need some advice as to which RB's to start this week. In my league we start two. My backs are as follows:

E. George
F. Taylor
E. James
T. Henry

In my opinion George and James have the toughest matchups this week, however I'm always hesitant on sitting them. I really like Taylor going against the KC defense, and Henry going against the MIN defense is tempting too. However, George & Edge are George & Edge. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Unsure

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

wow

Postby Helm » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:08 pm

Wow nice RB's..... I wish I had that problem of who to start...

My suggestion is to Start E. James and E. Gerorge. They both have things to prove, and looked good last week. Henry.... may be a flash in the pan... so give him a couple of more games to prove himself. Taylor?? Is he injured yet?? What no?? wow.... well he will be soon...

LOL

Helm
Helm

Postby jorge » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:56 pm

its a no brainer, the Edge and Eddie George.
jorge

Postby trentvaughn » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:13 pm

Eddie George starts every week. Period. Once again, don't sit you're best running back based on a matchup.

Now the next three, that's a different story. Henry may have appeared out of nowhere to some of you, but he's a solid, Division 1A RB who got lost in Buffalo's crouded backfield last year. The Vikings defense is the worst, and he could bust them up. The Edge is facing a very tough Dolphin defense and is still recovering from the knee injury. I would sit him this week.

This brings us to Fred Taylor. Arguably, he's one of the top three backs in the league talent wise. If he started every game for his first 4 seasons instead of sitting down for half of them, there would be no debate here. He's a great runningback when he's healthy and has had a good amount of reps.

So I personally would start Taylor and George. But you've got such a deep RB corps, you can start anyone. Watch Henry bust out a huge year. He's ready.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby n_tremain23 » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:39 pm

George and Edge.....I agree with Trentvaugh.Don't make decisions on who to start because of a matchup too often,go with the most talented back.George and Edge are both premier backs who can put up big numbers whoever their facing.
n_tremain23

Postby SolarfluX » Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:03 pm

I believe on playing the matchup/analysis game when two backs of equal (or close) strength are being considered.

Edge will be going up against a stingy Miami D, while F. Taylor is playing against KC (as you mentioned).

Taylor is not hurt yet, so you might as well get as much out of him NOW as you can.

Start Taylor to go along with George.

Minnesota stifled the A-Train pretty good in the first half last week, so Travis Henry will not be able to produce three TDs this week. Besides that, the Vikes are pissed that Da Bears came back on them. So, they'll build a huge lead, which effectively takes Henry out of the game plan.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mandrake » Wed Sep 11, 2002 9:00 pm

How did you get those backs? You must have a small league, like 8 owners. I would start Eddie and Edge. I would also consider maybe trying to trade away Fred Taylor. You know Fred will become injured, after being injured that many times, the body just doesn't come back 100%. I would try to get two solid players for him, maybe a Dunn and Jimmy Smith, something like that. Warrick Dunn will be explosive this year.
Mandrake

Postby Big_Ragu » Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:09 am

I'd go with George and James.

Always start George. James will want to have a big game against Ricky Williams to show him he's still the man.

I agree with Mandrake about trying to trade Taylor. He's a great back, but with that line there's a good chance of him getting hurt. Also Jax will be behind a lot this year which will cut into his carries. I'd trade Taylor to upgrade elsewhere and pick up Stacey Mack. He had a good preseason and will be a good fantasy back-up after Taylor takes his usual in season vacation.
Big_Ragu
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

do not ever!

Postby ROYBOY » Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:46 am

Jeez who is this solarfluX guy he keeps saying what i'm thinking. Anyway if he is healthy never EVER (yes i am yelling sit Fred Taylor down) solarfluX are you my twin botheR in some other universE
ROYBOY

Return to Football Talk