HOUSTON TEXANS - MACK AGREES TO TERMS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

HOUSTON TEXANS - MACK AGREES TO TERMS

Moderator: Football Moderators

HOUSTON TEXANS - MACK AGREES TO TERMS

Postby Nero » Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:16 am

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Houston Texans and unrestricted free agent RB Stacey Mack (Jaguars) have agreed to a one-year contract worth about the NFL minimum of $530,000 with a small signing bonus. Although he had better offers from the Jacksonville Jaguars and the New York Giants, Mack chose Houston because he would be given the chance to start.
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Indy Dragons » Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:42 am

In this day and age, a player is taking the chance to be a starter at less money OVER more money and sitting on the bench? What is this game coming to?

I think it is a good move for the Texans - especially at the league minimum. I don't believe he will win the starting job, but will probably get to split carries with Wells.
Indy Dragons
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Nero » Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:45 am

Capers has always gone by committee...I agree...this is not going to improve his numbers all that much from the past.
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cupertino_11 » Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:32 am

I applaud the decision Mack made to sign with the Texans. He obviously has confidence in his abilities and feels he has something to prove to the league. "Showing him the money" wasn't his main issue. If Boselli is healthy again, the Texans have a purty darn good line. We'll see how it plays out from training camp til the end of preseason. Mack might make for a good sleeper pick. :^
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:24 am

Cupertino_11 wrote:I applaud the decision Mack made to sign with the Texans. He obviously has confidence in his abilities and feels he has something to prove to the league. "Showing him the money" wasn't his main issue. If Boselli is healthy again, the Texans have a purty darn good line. We'll see how it plays out from training camp til the end of preseason. Mack might make for a good sleeper pick. :^

Well said Cuperman !

I hope Mack shows everyone he can run and wins the starting job !
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Nero » Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:48 am

Makes you want to root for the guy :)
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby fntsyrookie » Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:01 am

Nice move by the Texans, and it's nice to see somebody sign when it isn't "all about the Benjamins". I think that Mack might win the starting job, and worst case scenario will split carries with Wells. He'll probably be their goaline back as well.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Roseman » Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:00 am

Indy Dragons wrote:In this day and age, a player is taking the chance to be a starter at less money OVER more money and sitting on the bench? What is this game coming to?

I think it is a good move for the Texans - especially at the league minimum. I don't believe he will win the starting job, but will probably get to split carries with Wells.

It is good to see there are still players in the league that are there just to play and play because they love the game it isnt all about the money... uh-hmmmm (Dexter Jackson).

Mack could he a hell of a sleeperin Houston and a solid # 2 back if he wins the full time job. A solid running game should also increase David Carr's value as teams will not be biltzing the crap out of him!!!
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Slingblade » Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:07 pm

great move...i really like mack...i hope he does great
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk