Tiki Barber owners - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tiki Barber owners

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tiki Barber owners

Postby gtgrad95 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:50 am

Are you guys trying to trade him? I drafted him in the 5th round and am really regretting the pick. I guess I really was denying the fact that Dayne is going to be used a lot. I didn't want to believe it.

I made some inqueries in our 10 team league and basically his value is so low, no one wants him. What's the best strategy here. Wait and see what happens or unload him for much lower than what I paid for him?
gtgrad95
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Budman_ffc » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:04 am

Never a good idea to trade away a player for lower value than what you drafted him at if at all possible. I'd wait and see if Dayne really has much of an impact on Tiki's playing time. The way I see it, Tiki's value doesn't sound like it could go much lower in your league, but it could definitely go up. I don't see you losing much more value with him, but you could sure gain some!
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:29 am

Just hold him for now. 5th round isn't bad for him at all. What # RB is he? 2 or 3?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby citti34 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:31 am

Don't give up on Tiki. He was my biggest flaw in my draft. I picked him up earlier than you. My flaw wasn't in picking him, but I could have picked him up later. I wanted Tiki regardless. People hate on him, but he is a great back who has WR skills. The day Tiki learns to hold the ball will be the day he is a great great back. He runs hard and fast.

citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gtgrad95 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:43 am

34, he's a RB3, behind James and C. Brown.
gtgrad95
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby shortsavage » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:31 am

I think he is a fine #3 RB. He probably will not be worth trading until he has back to back solid games. And, by then you will not want to give him up :-b .

Thank you Tiki!
shortsavage Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:49 pm

I have him in 1 league and don't like him one bit. I'm not going to deal him now when his value is as low as it is.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IggleMan78 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:52 pm

he should be a good #3. Especially if Dayne shows that he doesn't deserve much playing time. That is something important that hasn't been mentioned yet - Dayne could EASILY end up with just 3-5 carries per game and tiki will remain the main man in NY
IggleMan78
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby vdragon78 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:48 pm

don't forget that Ron Dayne's best year, was also Barber's most productive year.

Barber's fumbling problem aside, he's an excellent 3rd back. Working behind the worst offensive line in football, he still managed back to back 1200+ rushing seasons (and 500 receiving yards in both)
vdragon78
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Amazinz » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:50 pm

vdragon78 wrote:don't forget that Ron Dayne's best year, was also Barber's most productive year.

Yep. I've brought this up before and people seem to dismiss it. Dayne won't play well enough to take the starting job from Tiki but if he at least plays well it will only benefit Tiki.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk