thoughts on Dominck Davis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

thoughts on Dominck Davis

Moderator: Football Moderators

thoughts on Dominck Davis

Postby Vick4MVP » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:01 am

He started around 11-12 games last year when stacy mack faultered, he caught the ball well..he ran pretty nice..
He's 5'9 200 plus pounds (an Emmit Smith build) ...

I think he's poised to have a big year, what's are your opinions of Dom Davis?
Vick4MVP
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:09 am

He did play well last year. He's obviously good enough to be a #2 RB, but where to take him is the question. He does have nice pass-catching ability and if healthy could run up 1200 yards. But, he has had some injury concerns that put him out for a game or two last year. Plus, we have heard that Tony Hollings may end up swiping a decent amount (10-12) carries a game. So, I ranked him underneath guys like Barlow, Henry, Rudi, and Dillon but over guys like S. Davis, Faulk, and Westbrooke.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Budman_ffc » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:30 am

Mercer Boy wrote:He did play well last year. He's obviously good enough to be a #2 RB, but where to take him is the question. He does have nice pass-catching ability and if healthy could run up 1200 yards. But, he has had some injury concerns that put him out for a game or two last year. Plus, we have heard that Tony Hollings may end up swiping a decent amount (10-12) carries a game. So, I ranked him underneath guys like Barlow, Henry, Rudi, and Dillon but over guys like S. Davis, Faulk, and Westbrooke.

Mercer Boy and I are on the same page here. I like DD as a #2 RB, but not as my #1.
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Wesley Walker » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:33 am

I've seen Dom ranked immediately behind Edge and those top 8 backs (Priest, LT2, Ahman, Jamal, Clinton, Deuce, Shaun A, and Fred T). But I've also seen him behind the likes of BArlow, Dillon, Westbrook, Rudi J, Stephen Davis, and Faulk.

I see it like this:
1 Priest
2 LT2
3 Ahman
4 Deuce
5 Clinton
6 Shaun A
7 Jamal
8 Fred T
9 Edge
10 Barlow
11 Dom
12 Rudi J
13 Westbrook
14 Dillon
15 Stephen Davis
16 Faulk

Should Faulk be higher? I've seen him well within the top 10, but those injuries scare me, as does Jackson, for whom they made room by bumping two pretty decent backs in their own right.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:36 am

Wesley Walker wrote:I've seen Dom ranked immediately behind Edge and those top 8 backs (Priest, LT2, Ahman, Jamal, Clinton, Deuce, Shaun A, and Fred T). But I've also seen him behind the likes of BArlow, Dillon, Westbrook, Rudi J, Stephen Davis, and Faulk.

I see it like this:
1 Priest
2 LT2
3 Ahman
4 Deuce
5 Clinton
6 Shaun A
7 Jamal
8 Fred T
9 Edge
10 Barlow
11 Dom
12 Rudi J
13 Westbrook
14 Dillon
15 Stephen Davis
16 Faulk

Should Faulk be higher? I've seen him well within the top 10, but those injuries scare me, as does Jackson, for whom they made room by bumping two pretty decent backs in their own right.
Henry and Dillon should be higher, but not Faulk.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Vick4MVP » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:44 am

let's remember one thing, Carr loves this guy as a target out of the backfield.. His 47 receptions COULD go up considerably. He won't be near LT2's 100 receptions BUT.. 60-70 receptions in a full season is a possibility (Mccallister/holmes/LT2 numbers). I'm not saying he's a number 1 running back...but...he could very well be.
Vick4MVP
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby klgreen1973 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:36 pm

I really like DD!!! He has good vision, burst and runs low to the ground. Plus, he is a GREAT receiver out of the back field! The only knock on him is all the injuries (he played very little in the pre-season due to injuries). Point # 2, he has to prove that last year was no FLUKE!!! I do like this guy alot though...if he can stay healthy, and with all the great talent in Houston, he could be a mega-sleeper and star RB this season. I just wish I could have drafted him this year...I had the #12 pick in my fantasy draft and went Peyton and Harrrison in rounds 1/2...he was not here in round 3:~(
klgreen1973
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:21 pm

Here is how I see DD....

He has the ability to produce and produce well, if he pans out across the whole season he will be very worthy of the #2 RB everyone wants him to be.

But, I am very hesitant towards taking him because of his durability concerns, and the strong presence of Hollings. Despite his suckiness, they are trying to work him in and take up to 15 carries a game.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LazyWeebie » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:27 pm

i drafted DD in the second round as my #2 rb... he has alot of 100 yd games last year, and with an improved texans offense he could have a breakout year, hes IMO in for a big season.
LazyWeebie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mysteryhunt » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:33 pm

remember the ahman green concerns before last year? no? oh that's why you're worried!
mysteryhunt
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk