thoughts on Dominck Davis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

thoughts on Dominck Davis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby George_Foreman » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:40 pm

i snagged davis in the third round of my draft (a lot of RBs fell; barber wasn't taken until the first pick of the 6th(!) round), and i got q. griffin as a backup. he seems like a decent #2 option, so i'm quite happy.
George_Foreman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Favre.com » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:00 pm

I just traded for Hollings to add to my D.Davis in the 20 man dynasty I am in. Now I'm happy because I get all the carries no matter what.

I see Hollings taking away around 8 carries a game from Davis, but Davis should still easily get about 20.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vick4MVP » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:52 pm

Anyone know if Houston has improved their offensive line? I know Carr has been sacked often in the past...
Vick4MVP
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby CC » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:57 pm

Favre.com wrote:I just traded for Hollings to add to my D.Davis in the 20 man dynasty I am in. Now I'm happy because I get all the carries no matter what.

I see Hollings taking away around 8 carries a game from Davis, but Davis should still easily get about 20.

20 carries a game for DD? I think Davis would disintegrate if he carried the ball 320 times this year. I would expect around 270 carries or 16 to 17 a game.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vick4MVP » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:29 pm

The guy is 210+ pounds.. just because he's small doesn't mean he can't carry the ball 300+ times.
Vick4MVP
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby irishboy » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:31 pm

right ahead of faulk is where i would rank him
IRISH PRIDE (WHAT'S WRONG WITH ALL CAPS)
irishboy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Vick4MVP » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:02 pm

I'm reading a fantasy football mag where Dom Davis was interviewed during the last superbowl..his quote:

'I want to rush for 2000 yards'...'I'm not taking anything away from all the other great running backs who've done it, I respect them all, but this is Domanick Davis. I'm not like anybody else'.
Vick4MVP
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Patsy Player » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:40 pm

I don't care about how many carries, only yards. My league awards the same points for receiving yards as rushing yards. The difference, we get .25 points for every reception. He is my number one rb because I am in a 14 team deep league. I grabbed Hollings and Pittman for Garner for handcuffs. I heard they have a new zone blocking skeem they are using and Dom loves it. Would I rather have Holmes, of course...but picking at the bottom of the draft...I was happy to get Holt and Dom. In all the preseason games I watched on the NFL network, Carr primamrily passed to two people, Andre Johnson and Dominick Davis. I expect good things from him.
Patsy Player
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mysteryhunt » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:47 pm

270 carried this year? he had 238 last year, and he only started 10 games, and didn't play at all in 2 of them. if you're worried about DD, just wait till the san diego game, it will be awesome. also, the cool thing about capers, is that no matter what the score he won't abandon the run, so davis will have enough chances even though he's on the texans. if this doesn't rest your fears, remember this, the texans changes their entire blocking scheme for davis, not for hollings.
mysteryhunt
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk