Sleepers and Busts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sleepers and Busts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sleepers and Busts

Postby mingplaya » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:31 pm

I have heard that Jamal Lewis, Chad Johnson, Joe Horn, Santana Moss, Ahman Green, and Kevan Barlow could be huge busts. What are your opinions? Also, who do you think are sleepers this year?
mingplaya
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KevFootxl4 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:46 pm

Any one who is ranked high has the ability to fall. The player rankings are made for a reason, butt nothing is 100% lock. This is why they play the game. Off your list the only one who worries me is J. Lewis and only because he may miss time due to leagle troubles. The rest of them should put up good #'s. As far as sleepers I like Lloyd in SF, and never count out old man Rice in OK.
Mt. Yinzer Mullets rule
KevFootxl4
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:16 pm

J Lew - faces legal problems and should miss time, in the worst case scenario he gets convicted. For these reasons I am hesitant to rely on Lewis as my 1st round pick.

Chad Johnson - has to deal with a new QB, not as proven as the other stud receivers around him. These concerns aren't too worrying, Palmer should adapt well to that offense and Johnson will continue to put up stud numbers.

Joe Horn - he is aging, has other WRs gaining ground on him. I'm not too worried about Horn. Last year one monster game inflated his stats, and he is a tad incosistent, thats why I am not as high on him as others.

Santana Moss - could bust this year, Mcareins could steal passes. For where he is going, Santana may dissapoint, but I don't think he will really be a bust. He has the talent to be a great receiver and Mcareins won't take away as many passes as some think.

Ahman Green - he had a career year. Ummm, thats really the only legitimate argument anyone has. Ahman is a stud, sure it may be a expecting too much to hope for the same numbers as last year but don't pass him up or you will regret it.

Kevan Barlow - terrible offense surrounds him, hasn't truly proven himself. I don't like Barlow one bit. The offense surrounding him is terrible, and I think the preseason has shown that. Sure LT2 is able to put up great stats with a horrible supporting cast, but he is an exception - not a rule. I fully expect Barlow to bust this year. !+)

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk