Najeh Davenport discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Najeh Davenport discussion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Najeh Davenport discussion

Postby abhall » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:49 pm

Does anybody think he has value as a non-handcuff???

He's on my wire. I'm thinking of grabbing him in case A. Green goes down (knees). It's a gamble since it could be a waste of a roster spot, but he could have great value.

I don't have the link (sorry), but I read an article where Brett Favre stated "The only thing preventing Najeh from winning an MVP is Ahman Green". Obviously, that's exagerated, but most people won't argue that if A. Green goes down Davenport will be a Top 15, perhaps Top 10 back. He's very good...........
abhall
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:53 pm

Davenport is a great back and if Ahman were to go down, if you have the space Davenport is definetly worth stashing on your bench.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:07 pm

why does everyone think ahman is gonna get hurt??? so what he had some knee pains nothing serious and i cant remember any other time in his career where he has had knee troubles. please fill me in.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Najeh Davenport discussion

Postby Andy1234 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:13 pm

abhall wrote:Brett Favre stated "The only thing preventing Najeh from winning an MVP is Ahman Green".
It was a rushing title, not MVP.

If you have Green and you have roster room, then why not grab Davenport. The only reason he has value because he is so talented and behind a great O-Line, and if Green goes down, Davenport will step in and produce top 7 RB numbers.

Just people would rather be safe then sorry, or if you don't have Green, taking Davenport, could be a huge Reward pick, with very little risk by taking him in the last few rounds of the draft.

Please Check Out My Start/Bench Question.
Stewie: [hitting on some co-eds] I must say, the most recent campus sporting event was quite spectacular.
Co-ed: Aw. Are you in a fraternity, little boy?
Stewie: Not yet, but I'm thinking of joining I Felta Thigh.
Andy1234
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk