Peter Warrick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Peter Warrick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Peter Warrick

Postby JNovcekYourself » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:27 pm

What are people's thoughts on him this year?
I've read all this injury concern about him this year that he may not even play much? Is this true or is my reading COMP justTHAT bad.. I have him and I thought he was a steal in the 7th rnd.
JNovcekYourself
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:03 pm

he's been hurt pretty much all preseason recovering from a knee surgery he had in December last year.

He will have opportunities to get the ball, but the fact he hasnt a lot of practice time w/ Palmer is a concern. He also has K. Washington looking over his shoulder and pushing for the #2 WR spot.

I dont think Warrick will put up the same type of numbers he did last year
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IggleMan78 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:06 pm

I guess I would advise you to take a look at the waiver wire and see what else might be out there. Too many questions with Warrick right now : rookie QB, competition from Washington, injuries

I assume you have him for your #4 or 5 WR right? even if all of the ?'s above were gone I still wouldn't have him for a starter.
IggleMan78
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby JNovcekYourself » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:17 pm

No I have him as my #3. I got Derrick Mason...Keyshawn Johnson.. Peter Warrick... Marcus Robinson.. Michael Jenkins.. Reggie Williams
Kinda hurtin I suppose but I had really high hopes for Warrick. Thought he woulda been a solid #3 who could possibly give solid #2 type #'s
JNovcekYourself
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Flux » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:19 pm

IggleMan78 wrote:I guess I would advise you to take a look at the waiver wire and see what else might be out there. Too many questions with Warrick right now : rookie QB, competition from Washington, injuries

I assume you have him for your #4 or 5 WR right? even if all of the ?'s above were gone I still wouldn't have him for a starter.

I wouldnt drop him yet. He still could have a very good year, and I really doubt anyone on the WW would have the potential of Warrick or have proven numbers like Warrick had last year.

I would hold on to him, and just see how he connect w/ Palmer
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IggleMan78 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:42 pm

IMO - it looks like there are a few ?'s for your WR's. There seems to be a big drop off from your #1 to #2, 3 and the bench.

I agree w/Flux that he shouldn't be dropped - yet. But keep an eye on that WW (we have some ok WR's still available in our league) and feel around for a trade if you get the chance.
IggleMan78
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mikeprovri » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:16 pm

I'm in the same boat as you...I have Warrick as my #3 WR, and I'm a little worried.

You just gotta be on your toes when it comes to the WW though. To think that your starting WRs last year could have been Steve Smith and Boldin if you got lucky on the waiver wire...
mikeprovri
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:58 pm

Sorry but Warrick in the 7th is most definitely not a steal.

Don't drop him yet, but Kelley Washington might be a better option at this point.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk