Week 1 odds I like - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 1 odds I like

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dub-Dub » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:13 am

Worst thing that ever happened to me... my first week betting I won $750 on a 4 team $75 parlay! It took me $1500 to learn that a. don't bet $75 a play, and b. parlays are f'n tough to win!

My most winning bet by faaaar (as it should be) has been 3 team 10 point parlays. I usually take those high lines make them small, and wager a healthy amount... rarely do I bet a loser that "won't lose by THAAAAT much"
Dub-Dub
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:07 am

That's funny because I think that picking underdogs to cover (especially if it is more than a 3 point spread) is one of the better bets in football.

There is nothing worse than betting on the favourite who has to win by 3 1/2 when they are up by 2 with the ball on the other team's 10 yard line and they decide to run out the clock. :-#

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dub-Dub » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:10 am

Ulser material.
Dub-Dub
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby tman570 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:09 pm

Tyr wrote:I really like 3 and 4 team parlays as well.. especially when you have a few easy games on the line.

Parlays on line bets are great.. especially when it comes to sure-fire wins like Philly and Tenn and Balti. They're only dangerous if you have to bet on spreads, imo.

If I were to do this this week I would take ARI +20.5 NYG +19 and BAL +7 There is money in the bank.
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk