Henry is the man-But will he get most goalline opportunites - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry is the man-But will he get most goalline opportunites

Moderator: Football Moderators

Henry is the man-But will he get most goalline opportunites

Postby Bears_Fan » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:44 pm

Obviously the hype about Mcgahee has largely proven to be that as Mcgahee is at best a year from being able to produce 1300+ yards and 10+ tds(Henry's stats from 2002/2003)
The question is whether MCgahee will undermind Henry by getting goalline carries, and if he gets some goalline carries does that make him worthless.
If Henry produces as he has last two years he is better than any rb usually ranked outside of top ten, period.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flockers » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:46 pm

Since McGahee is more of a finesse back, I think Henry will get the majority of their goal line carries.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby BGbootha » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:09 pm

McGahee isn't exactly a goal line back. ala Jerome Bettis taking TDs away from Staley. I don't see Henry losing any carries on the goaline.

a third down here and there is a good possibility, goaline still belongs to henry though.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby mad benjamin » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:34 pm

I thought kind of the same thing at first, given how many goalline TDs MaGahee saw in the preseason (he also scored 4 TDs in a scrimmage with the Browns and 3 were goalline), but since Henry has scored in double digit TDs the past 2 years, I'd want the rock in his hands when he passes that powered white line...

He's just flat out too valuable to take many carries away from. Magahee could rush things and play full time if there weren't another proven back already there. Wait till next year; Henry will be playing for Miami.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk