MY RB Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

MY RB Rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby hardcore » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:13 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Yeah - I have SF as easily one of the worst teams in the NFL.
If they win more than 4 games this yr I will be shocked. I realize now that Im just debating with a SF homer. Time will tell I guess.

I'm not a SF homer, I realize you are a Lion homer though. SF has a better team than Detroit. Why not just wager? I doubt you would bet money on SF will win no more than 4 games. The Lions suck, they will lose yet again to the the lonely Bears.
hardcore
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:24 am

The_Commish wrote:I love it how owners downgrade runners when they have no help around them. The SF O-line is fine. Sure doesn't hurt Jamal & Tomlinson with the stiffs around them does it??

Barlow will be in the Pro Bowl & a Top 10 fantasy back.

I love it when people base their opions on anything but fundamental analysis of the situation - like the Oline or help around them. I especially love it when people make senseless comparisons to the very elite players at the same position like LDT.

The SF oline has how many new people in it from last yr? How many new starters on offense as a whole? Isnt that a new coach too? This is a rebuilding yr and you guys need to realize it. 4 wins.

hardcore wrote:I'm not a SF homer, I realize you are a Lion homer though. SF has a better team than Detroit. Why not just wager? I doubt you would bet money on SF will win no more than 4 games. The Lions suck, they will lose yet again to the the lonely Bears.

Im not sure where this came from. Why even bring up SF v DET - it has absolutely nothing to do with anything. How does the SF v DET argument have any meaning in how much production one could expect from Kevin Barlow?

hardcore wrote:SF will win more than 4 games -that is absurd. You really don't know what u r talking bout

Every pundit Ive seen has SF ranked in the worst 5 teams in the NFL. I guess none of them know what they are talking about either, huh?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hardcore » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:20 am

What pundits.You mean Peter King..LOL.These same pundits probably had Carolina as 1 of the 5 worst teams
last year. what a shame...listening to punidts. Pundits like Peter King
would take Peyton Manning with the 1st or 2nd pick..LOL
hardcore
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TheGZA » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:34 am

hardcore wrote:1.Barlow easily

big gap

2. Henry

3.Rudi
4. Dillon

Big gap

Faulk

Faulk is not in my top 20 rb. Barlow is in my top 6.

I disagree completely. I don't like Barlow at all and will not touch him unless he falls to the end of the 2nd/early 3rd. He has a sketchy track record and an even sketchier surrounding cast with which to work.

I would (somewaht hesitantly) put Dillon atop this list, I think he will be motivated and running hard this season.
TheGZA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby arrbez » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:41 am

san fran may win more than 4 games, but they won't sniff .500 this year. if you pick barlow at the #6, that's just plain foolish, no offense.

49'ers won't even be close to the rams, and probably won't be as good as the lions either (if all pans out in detroit).

barlow is a good #2 back, but i defnintly wouldn't want him as my #1
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:42 am

lol - great assumption, but no. Any more assumptions?

ESPN Power rankings have them at #30.
Sporting News has them dead last.
CBS Sportsline also have them ranked 30th.

What other site would you like me to look up for you?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby hardcore » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:58 am

The fact that you base your assumptions off stupid magazines who are consistently wrong year in year out says you have a lot to learn.LMAZZOFF..I guess based on your assumptions that these magazines are always right means Carolina will go the Super bowl again...LOL

arrbez- Barlow will finish in the top 6. Only a fool would take him that high, especially when you have fools that will pass on him in the 2nd.
hardcore
Water Boy
Water Boy

Dillon

Postby Bears_Fan » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:39 pm

Corey Dillon
1.Over thousand yards 6-7 seasons with the Bengals, most over 1200 yards.
2.On team that has great defense, likes to run when can(look at Antwain smith stats couple years ago)
3.Has final chance to prove can be good on winner.
Barlow
1.A couple good games with a great offense last year.
2.A team that is offensively unoffensive with no proven wrs or qbs.
3.Likely to play catchup because of combo of bad offense and mediocre defense in games where SF will need to air it out.

Dillon is my man.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:49 pm

hardcore wrote:The fact that you base your assumptions off stupid magazines who are consistently wrong year in year out says you have a lot to learn.LMAZZOFF..I guess based on your assumptions that these magazines are always right means Carolina will go the Super bowl again...LOL

arrbez- Barlow will finish in the top 6. Only a fool would take him that high, especially when you have fools that will pass on him in the 2nd.

hardcore - I dont know what your problem is. I stated I dont think Barlow should be rated as high as he is and I based my opinion on what I have learned through team reports and fundamental analysis.

Youve shown nothing. Nothing at all why Barlow should be rated that high. Youve said I was stupid for saying SF will be bad. I backed up my claim by showing you what some of the other rating services thought. You came back with more accusations about me basing my rankings on their rankings. Again, baseless accusations about me and my NFL knowledge. I think Im done with you at this point. Usually I try and give a warm reception to newbies here, but when I get attacked with completely baseless and silly accusations like you have done, it tells me I dont need to be kind.

Let me turn it to you - give me reasons to think SF will be as good as you tell me. Tell me why their Oline is good as you claim. Tell me why their defense is as good as you claim. Be specific - use names and stats. Ill wait.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:00 pm

Thanks guys for all of the responses ;-D
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor