MY RB Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

MY RB Rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:26 pm

Hardcore, you made some very valid points about Barlow. But you failed to consider the negatives surrounding him. As good as he has been, I doubt that he can carry the complete load of a feature back in San Fran. He will take a pounding over the course of the season without while facing defenders stacking the box without another RB to shoulder the load. He has yet to prove himself over a complete season, and to force him to carry the team on shoulders without having true feature back experience is not a good idea.

Then of course, there is the matter of San Fran sucking. You can't deny that the offense was picked clean, leaving nothing but the scrap remants such as Rattay. As lousy as you say he is, Garcia will be missed, and he is miles above Rattay.

Do you really think Shanahan still believes that Barlow was the best back to come out of that draft?

And as far as the Rams go, you had a few points. There are valid concerns, and Martz definitely is a dumbass. But before the line was hurt by injuries, they were one of the best in the league. And Faulk is still a great RB when healthy. If/when he gets injured Jackson will be able to step into the starting role and perform well.

By the way, I am going to save this thread. :-b

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ammotroop » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:07 pm

hardcore wrote:Bookmark this post. All I see is people going off last years performance. That's just plain silly since there is 40-50 % turnover every year. Barlow has the makings of a top 10 Rb and possibly as high as top 6. The minute someone puts up these so called rankings based on last years games, they are wrong.

After reading this post, I think you are being blinded for you HOPE of San Fran to be good. Yes Barlow will put up good numbers, and yes possibly even top 10, I mean LT does it at San Diego. San Fran will be lucky to win 5 games this season. You say Ratay is better than Garcia? Ummm...NO! You say that San Fran did not rotate around TO last year? UMMM..YES it did. San Fran Has NO receivers, NO DEFENSE, a Below Average QB, and who is on the O-Line? This is a rebuilding year for them...just accept it. Barlow is WAY below Faulk(when Healthy). I just think that you should sit back, re-read your post and calm down. I am sure that all of our teams have had a bad year, this just happens to be yours.
Draft on Aug 11th!!!
ammotroop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby xJoeV55x » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:39 pm

Well if we dont make the playoffs

I hope SF at least goes 7-9 and I think we can
Go 9ers
xJoeV55x
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:22 pm

xJoeV55x wrote:Well if we dont make the playoffs

Sadly, even those goals are a little lofty. The lone bright spot on the 9ers this year will be the guy in your avatar, because he will eat the garbage time yds like a madman.

IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:22 pm

Sadly, even those goals are a little lofty. The lone bright spot on the 9ers this year will be the guy in your avatar, because he will eat the garbage time yds like a madman.

IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:25 pm

IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hardcore » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:17 am

ammotroop wrote:
hardcore wrote:Bookmark this post. All I see is people going off last years performance. That's just plain silly since there is 40-50 % turnover every year. Barlow has the makings of a top 10 Rb and possibly as high as top 6. The minute someone puts up these so called rankings based on last years games, they are wrong.

After reading this post, I think you are being blinded for you HOPE of San Fran to be good. Yes Barlow will put up good numbers, and yes possibly even top 10, I mean LT does it at San Diego. San Fran will be lucky to win 5 games this season. You say Ratay is better than Garcia? Ummm...NO! You say that San Fran did not rotate around TO last year? UMMM..YES it did. San Fran Has NO receivers, NO DEFENSE, a Below Average QB, and who is on the O-Line? This is a rebuilding year for them...just accept it. Barlow is WAY below Faulk(when Healthy). I just think that you should sit back, re-read your post and calm down. I am sure that all of our teams have had a bad year, this just happens to be yours.

Re-read the post
Ahh. I never said Rattay is better than Garcia. I said he is much ,much better passer than Garcia and you will see that. Taking Dillon who pukes over a Barlow is a niewbie mistake.One should never take an over the hill rb like Dillon, who got beat by backup Rudi Johnson, over a stud in the making like Barlow. The fact that Dillon couldn't do squat on that great line of Cinci's tells everything. You've never watched any SF game clearly, the offense rotated around the running game-NOT TO. TO is on the decline as well. Barlow WAY BELOW FAULK??? lol. That STATEMENT IS A JOKE. Go ahead and take Faulk and you will be FAULKED. Barlow will finish higher than Faulk this season and every season after. Faulk is slow and over 30. There is no chance in hell he will finish higher than Barlow . He is not even a top 20 RB this year for me.Befor eyou make ridiculous statements like NO O and NO D , did you ever consider who is their division. AZ,Seattle, St.Louis all have soft defenses. I think Seattle is the class there and the rest IS UP FOR GRABS!
hardcore
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to Football Talk