Little RB gossip...... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Little RB gossip......

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:24 pm

for a young rb, i dont think edgerrin james, a 2 time rushing leader, is really all that bad a mentor...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Bonez » Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:16 pm

terpfan wrote:for a young rb, i dont think edgerrin james, a 2 time rushing leader, is really all that bad a mentor...

People have questioned his work ethic though.

If I remember correctly, in Sports Illustrated, I read somewhere that he plays football mainly for the money. It was a quote from him. I can't remember it exactly... but it went something like "I"m in this game mainly for the money". Which, I'm sure many people do, but playing for the money doesn't make me too excited about Edge.

Can't tell if he was serious about it or he was pulling a Shaq and was being sarcastic.
Dan Bonez
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Indy Dragons » Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:52 am

I'll be the first to admit, that if my boss made tomorrow voluntary, I ain't showing up!!
Indy Dragons
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cupertino_11 » Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:16 am

Portis came into his rookie season with "confidence", not cockiness. (what's the difference, eh?) The guy is pure speed and elusiveness, but he has that ego to go along with it. There's no doubt he's a showboat. He's a mini-Deion Sanders when it comes to publicity. I don't know if his not attending a voluntary mini-camp hurts his image with teammates though. He earned enough respect from his peers last year to let this slide, but if he pushes it, it might be detrimental to team chemisty.

The only real concern with Portis this year is his weight. Last year, he ended the season at 185 pounds. That will take it's toll over the course of a full season. He's trying to bulk up to 195-200 lbs. We'll see if Edge can help with that. :-[
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:36 am

Indy Dragons wrote:I'll be the first to admit, that if my boss made tomorrow voluntary, I ain't showing up!!

ill be the second!

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk