Patriots vs Colts Paperbag Challenge - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Patriots vs Colts Paperbag Challenge

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby roninmedia » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:12 am

Not a Brady doubter. NE fans act like the guy can't have a bad game very now and then. I think the game vs. the colts will be one of his bad games.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:39 am

roninmedia wrote:Not a Brady doubter. NE fans act like the guy can't have a bad game very now and then. I think the game vs. the colts will be one of his bad games.

Well, he has done pretty well in the playoffs, hasn't he? What's his record? ;-)
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:22 pm

ah nice to see some colts fans show their faces. My predictiobn for manning. 1 td and 4 picks..just like the in the playoffs last year.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby gtabaplayr » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:41 pm

First I can't really remember the last time Tom had a bad game ..maybe the first game of last year against the Bills but that just won't happen again. And I'm sure all of you Colts fans are happy the front office upgraded the team over last years. Oh wait they didn't in anyway. Good Luck going against one of the most improved superbowl teams in recent years.
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JRM4833 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:00 pm

I want in. Patriots 27 - 17. Brady throws for 2 TDs. Dillon runs for one. You Indy fans dont know what you're getting yourselves into. :-b
When in doubt, punt!

- John Heisman -

JRM4833
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 28)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:22 pm

The Patriots got away with murder in the playoffs. They should be ashamed that they went to two Super Bowls on the cottails of a horrible tuck rule call in the Raider game and the raping of the Indy recievers in the 2003 AFC Championship. I am by no means saying they aren't a great team, but they're very fortunate to be two-time Super Bowl champs. Even the most avid of Pats fans can't deny that the Pats got away with one in the Raiders game and the Colts game last year. But, I digress...

Also, love the way Pats fans bash Manning. I mean, he's only one of the greatest quarterbacks in the game. Maybe he'll earn his respect tomorrow. Or...maybe not! We'll see. In any case, it should be a great game!!! May the best team win!!!
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HunglikeChampions » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:11 am

even without the physical contact last year, the pats tore apart the colts way more than the score indicated. The pats outplayed them 400% People seem to forget that and use that rule as an excuse. They have played within the rules, they stretch t he rules, t hat isnt good luck or dirty, it is great coaching and the pats will stretch but fall into the rules this year too, of which they are much better than last year. Take away Ted Washington and Smith and add DIllon, Colvin, And wilfork....hmm..Pats win 38-27
HunglikeChampions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby marvin88 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:22 am

I'll take this PBC. I used to like both, 'cause I hated Buf and Mia and every week they showed AFC east games in my area. Became Colts fan just over Pats, but now. . . I can no longer stand idly by and listen to gloating Pats fans. At least Bills fans had to suck rotten eggs 4 years running, but 2 SBs in 3 years? I can't take it anymore. If you win tonight I was gonna have to start wearing a paper bag anyway so I might as well make it official. :-o :~( :-° O:-)
marvin88
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: wishing i could change my name to canadian colthead.

Postby JRM4833 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:51 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:The Patriots got away with murder in the playoffs. They should be ashamed that they went to two Super Bowls on the cottails of a horrible tuck rule call in the Raider game and the raping of the Indy recievers in the 2003 AFC Championship. I am by no means saying they aren't a great team, but they're very fortunate to be two-time Super Bowl champs. Even the most avid of Pats fans can't deny that the Pats got away with one in the Raiders game and the Colts game last year. But, I digress...

Also, love the way Pats fans bash Manning. I mean, he's only one of the greatest quarterbacks in the game. Maybe he'll earn his respect tomorrow. Or...maybe not! We'll see. In any case, it should be a great game!!! May the best team win!!!

I actually enjoy hearing people complain that the Pats got lucky. Because, as a Redsox fan who has done it once or twice myself, I understand that it comes from a bit of jealousy. The tuck rule ... read the rule book. And they had a chance to change the rule. Guess what? They chose not too. Raping the Indy WRs? Oh boo hoo. Maybe they shouldnt be on a football field then. Well, on that one they complained enough to get their way. And it is just what the WRs on the Pats (some of the smallest in the game) needed to bust out offensively.

Any Manning. I haven't heard many people bashing his skills. I've just heard alot of people saying that he is not a clutch player. He knows how to prove them wrong. And he knows he can't do it in September.
When in doubt, punt!

- John Heisman -

JRM4833
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 28)

pats

Postby grebnots » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:41 am

pats will win...i think u guys arent considering something... u check the weather forecast... ITS GOINT TO RAIN!... that has to make pats the favs... they live for conditions that suck.
grebnots
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting