Rumor: Lamar Gordon to Miami - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rumor: Lamar Gordon to Miami

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 10yardfight » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:30 pm

I did pick him up in 1 of the 2 money leagues I am in.

However I find it funny the comments from those who were able to snag him(positive) as opposed to those who were late(negative). Sour Grapes? Maybe but here is my take:

His build and speed make him a nice option considering the O line in Miami is not that good. I would and do consider him a nice RB 3/4 option.

To those who question whether he will get the ball or it will be RBBC. The Dolphins sent a high draft pick for him and it appears went after him more than any other back they Inq about. That to me says the team saw they have 3 backup RBs and took a chance that Gordon would be their guy for this season and seasons to come. Just my 2 cents but I look for 900+ and 8-10TDs
10yardfight
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cooner » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:31 pm

making me happy... i have portis, henry, and barlow, but was looking for a 4th. Tops on the list were eddie george and najeh davenport... this does me slightly better :D
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby veg3ta21 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:05 am

krazymop wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:
krazymop wrote:He's worth picking up if you have roster space, but there is a reason he was the #3 back. It's not cause he is gonna put up huge numbers....
Or maybe its because Marshall Faulk is a lock for the hall of fame and Steven Jackson is one of the best rookie backs this year?

obviously he should be behind faulk, but to put a rookie in front of him, especially when the rookie was a holdout initially, says alot to me. dont get me wrong, i would pick him up if i had roster room, but i expect more of a rbbc approach since gordon has not proven he can be a 25 carry a game back.

another rbbc argument?? miami gave up a lot to bring him in....wannstedt is definately gonna make him the premier back with only a few carries taken away from him
veg3ta21
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:33 am

Fellas, should i drop ole man Emmitt for Gordon? He is the only player I can drop for him. We have roster requirements on other positions, and Emmitt is my only guy I can drop.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:41 am

well i did...
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:08 pm

krazymop wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:
krazymop wrote:He's worth picking up if you have roster space, but there is a reason he was the #3 back. It's not cause he is gonna put up huge numbers....
Or maybe its because Marshall Faulk is a lock for the hall of fame and Steven Jackson is one of the best rookie backs this year?

obviously he should be behind faulk, but to put a rookie in front of him, especially when the rookie was a holdout initially, says alot to me. dont get me wrong, i would pick him up if i had roster room, but i expect more of a rbbc approach since gordon has not proven he can be a 25 carry a game back.

Jackson did not hold out. He missed the first practice or two and Martz appeared to be a little pissed. Given Gordon's history and Jackson's missed practices I had Gordon penned as the backup. I kept preaching how Jackson was not the backup and that those who draft him as a handcuff will be dissapointed.

But then Gordon found chips in his ankle and was sidelined for several weeks. During his missed time Jackson excelled and proved that he can be a future stud.

This is why Gordon was the #3.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk