Rumor: Lamar Gordon to Miami - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rumor: Lamar Gordon to Miami

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:17 pm

I logged on last night right before I was about to hit the sack, and lo and behold I stumbled across this thread with about 4 posts in it. I figured it was just another one of the 50 million rumor posts this season, but then there's an ESPN link.... jackpot.

15th round pick turned into-->
Kelley Washington-->
Dominic Rhodes-->
Lamar Gordon!

And STOP! No whammies!
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby emaja » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:28 pm

I nabbed him in 3 of my 4 leagues just as a "what-if." I dropped a 4th or 5th WR for him so the price was not high. If he breaks out, I will try to peddle him off on someone who buys into the excitement and get a top WR for him.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby sexual_chocolate » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:41 pm

According to head coach Dave Wannstedt, Travis Minor will remain the starter for Sunday's game against the Titans, but Gordon is expected to take over as the Dolphins' primary tailback as early as Week 2. In 23 career games, Gordon has rushed for 526 yards and two touchdowns on 136 carries, while also hauling in 38 passes for 337 yards and two TDs.

From Stats Inc.
sexual_chocolate
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby BGbootha » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:57 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:4 am? do you go to fantasy football parties at night and make your moves when u get home? :-B
I picked him up in the First and Short Keeper League at like 5:30 AM. Some people who are awake before work or school check the cafe before leaving. I have to leave for school at like 6:00, so thats why I was up so early.

damn you east coastians....got up this morning saw the news went to go and go leafs had me by almost 2 hours.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:01 pm

bgbootha wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:4 am? do you go to fantasy football parties at night and make your moves when u get home? :-B
I picked him up in the First and Short Keeper League at like 5:30 AM. Some people who are awake before work or school check the cafe before leaving. I have to leave for school at like 6:00, so thats why I was up so early.

damn you east coastians....got up this morning saw the news went to go and go leafs had me by almost 2 hours.
Im central time zone! In the DDD I think GLG drafted him because he wasn't in the transactions.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:15 pm

bgbootha wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:

Actually I was beat to Gordon in my dynasty and keeper league by a California guy. I got up at 5AM CT and missed out on him. The guy had picked Gordon up before he went to bed so it happens both ways.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:16 pm

bgbootha wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:

Actually I was beat to Gordon in my dynasty and keeper league by a California guy. I got up at 5AM CT and missed out on him. The guy had picked Gordon up before he went to bed so it happens both ways.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby emaja » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:57 pm

I nabbed him in 3 of my 4 leagues just as a "what-if." I dropped a 4th or 5th WR for him so the price was not high. If he breaks out, I will try to peddle him off on someone who buys into the excitement and get a top WR for him.

One league is a 16 teamer where we must start 2 RB's, so almost anyone with a pulse - even RBBC backs - gets picked.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby Shockers » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:09 pm

i am on the west coast and got him at midnight my time last night in one of my leagues. thanks fiz!
Shockers
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby gavin256 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:21 pm

I got him in all of my leagues except 2. People beat me by a 1/2 hour and the other one by an hour. Damn peeps are too fast. Hats off to the cafe though. ;-D ;-D ;-D
Git-R-Done!!!!!!!!!
gavin256
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk