Quadry Ismail vs. Jonnie Morton - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Quadry Ismail vs. Jonnie Morton

Moderator: Football Moderators

Quadry Ismail vs. Jonnie Morton

Postby Matt » Wed Aug 07, 2002 3:17 pm

Would it be wise to trade quadry ismail for jonnie morton?
Matt

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby CoPlayer » Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:13 pm

I think so. Johnny Morton is expected to be the go-to guy in Vermeil's KC offense, and expectations are cautiously optimistic that this may jumpstart Morton's unremarkable tenure in Detroit.
I do like Quadry in Indy, though, as he could emerge as a deep threat that takes advantage of the MHarrison double-teams--like Pathon last year.
Tough call, but Morton is higher on everybody's board than Quadry, and I would rather have a team's #1 option (Morton in KC) than the #2 option (Quadry in Indy).
CoPlayer

Postby cwebb » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:12 am

There are some unknowns involved by having two Wrs on new teams, but Morton has been a solid receiver and having the #1 guy is always the better choice
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SolarfluX » Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:10 am

I think it's a toss-up...

Holmes will be the focus in Vermeil's O and not Morton, if (when) Gonzalez comes back, that pushes Morton down even further.

Qadry Ismail will benefit from Harrison's double-teams, but Dungy's O is more conservative than the previous regime.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Morton is the man!

Postby Dabears » Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:34 am

I think you go with Jonnie here!

Manning has the other option of M. Harrison (Which is the go to guy of Manning) where as everyone in KC is talking about Morton being the go to guy and being the best pick up of the season. I think he's gonna be a break out sleeper!
Dabears
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Bubba08 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:20 pm

This is defiantely a toss up but I would have to say that Qady Ismail would be the safe bet and Morton has more potential to be a highly productive player. I would rather have a 2nd receiver with Manning than a 1st receiver with Trent Green at the helm. Then again I would bet a receiver in Vermeil's offense before a second receiver on Dungy's team. I think dungy may have learned something in TB though. I mean Keyshawn only had 1 touchdown in it last year which is nothing short of a crime. He won't lett hat happen again. Indy will be a team that takes some chances downfield with their deep threats.... In conclusion, if you want a safe bet on a receiver that will catch 5 or so a game with I'd say about 7 TD's this year I'd go with Qadry. If you want to gamble on a guy that could have way better numbers... but then again may come up with nothing then take the chance. It all depends on who fits better on your team.
Bubba08

Postby n_tremain23 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 9:35 pm

Morton might not be the center of the offense,but he's good for atleast 1,000 yards and 6 touchdowns,minimum!
n_tremain23

Postby Arbond » Fri Aug 23, 2002 10:08 am

TRADE!!! NOW!!!!

Ishmail is #2 on a team that will spread the ball around to a number of weapons - including James, Wayne, and Pollard - besides Harrison.

Right now - with Gonzalez gone - Morton is THE MAN in KC - and even when Pete comes back - Morton is the main reciver on what will be a prolific Offense.

What - you haven't made the trade yet?
Arbond

Return to Football Talk