Stomach This: Jerry Porter Could be HUGE! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Stomach This: Jerry Porter Could be HUGE!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby stikmata » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:59 am

fantasizing wrote:Porter didn't do sh!t when last season when he returned from injury so why should we expect monster performances starting sunday?


read the post smart-ass

"According to a Rotoworld.com update that cited the San Jose Mercury News as its source, Jerry Porter did not fully recover from surgery to fix his stomach wall in the second week of the 2003-2004 season. "

he never really returned FROM the injury... but returned WITH it
stikmata
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 215
Joined: 16 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: LB

Postby sleeper » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:57 am

Sep 7 After a disappointing, injury-marred season, starting wide receiver Jerry Porter has set some lofty goals this season, including a full 16-game season and a 2,000-yard receiving campaign, according to the Oakland Tribune.


I don't think any of expect those kind of numbers, but at least he's got some confidence...
sleeper
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 398
Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:21 am

sleeper wrote:
Sep 7 After a disappointing, injury-marred season, starting wide receiver Jerry Porter has set some lofty goals this season, including a full 16-game season and a 2,000-yard receiving campaign, according to the Oakland Tribune.


I don't think any of expect those kind of numbers, but at least he's got some confidence...


whoa! 2000 yds? Maybe - as long as he plans on a 30 game season.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby shortsavage » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:02 am

stikmata wrote:
fantasizing wrote:Porter didn't do sh!t when last season when he returned from injury so why should we expect monster performances starting sunday?


read the post smart-ass

"According to a Rotoworld.com update that cited the San Jose Mercury News as its source, Jerry Porter did not fully recover from surgery to fix his stomach wall in the second week of the 2003-2004 season. "

he never really returned FROM the injury... but returned WITH it


;-D
Image

Thank you Tiki!
shortsavage Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 144
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby Chopper » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:08 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:whoa! 2000 yds? Maybe - as long as he plans on a 30 game season.


LOL.

The only number that sticks out in my mind is SIX!
That's how many TD's Oakland wide receivers caught last year. All WR's! I know, I know, this Oakland offense is better... Last year was an anomaly....Porter had 9 by himself the year before.....just remember, SIX!

And one of those was by Alvis Whitted?!?!
“The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time.”
Vince Lombardi
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1259
Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: adrift

Postby greenman » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:37 am

All this talk of Jerry Porter blowing up...... he better!!! I have him on my team.
greenman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 196
Joined: 11 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Austin, TX

Postby Autumn Wind » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:49 pm

take it for whats it worth....but in the week 1 projection's for Hector and Victor for ESPN, they have Jerry Porter going as the #1 WR this week with 114 yds and 2 TD's. For his added comment, they put:

"Can pick and run through Steelers' zone. Man coverage? Even better"

Sounds good to me ;-D
Just win baby!
Autumn Wind
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 35
Joined: 26 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mudd » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:16 pm

I have high hopes for Porter. I think he will be very good. If Collins comes in, he could be HUGE!
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 714
Joined: 7 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: 1A, Famous Potatoes

Postby cooleyhigh » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:34 pm

stikmata wrote:
fantasizing wrote:Porter didn't do sh!t when last season when he returned from injury so why should we expect monster performances starting sunday?


read the post smart-ass

"According to a Rotoworld.com update that cited the San Jose Mercury News as its source, Jerry Porter did not fully recover from surgery to fix his stomach wall in the second week of the 2003-2004 season. "

he never really returned FROM the injury... but returned WITH it


I would like to see what kind of numbers marvin harrison would put up with RICK MIRER as his QB.
Image
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1187
Joined: 23 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Various MRI centers demanding results

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 21:59 hours
(and 56 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact