WR question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WR question

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR question

Postby Helm » Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:32 pm

Well I went for the hype and drafted both Darrell Jackson and Keyshawn Johnson. They both busted last week (With Jackson getting a whole 7 freaking yards). However all the intiall signs pointed to them having break out seasons. What you you think?? Should I keep them and wait and see?? or try and trade them for a RB?? Do you think they have any real trade value at this point

Thanks

H
Helm

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby terpfan » Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:11 pm

i think keyshawn will be fine (i know thats what alot of people said last year). hes a star player who should still have good trade value.

jackson seems to be starting out slow. i think he will heat up but maybe not until mid season. after his dismal week 1 performance i dont think u will get from anybidy what he is really worth.

i would hold on to both of them unless u NEED a rb. i dont think u will have a whole lot of trouble trading keyshawn.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Helm » Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:39 pm

Cool..

I was leaning that way. I am still shopping them around for a RB ( I do have priest holmes, and Lamar Smith) but I will hold on.... Looks like I will be starting Johnson and Boston this week and shelving Jackson.

H
Helm

Postby SolarfluX » Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:47 pm

Not so fast! If Dilfer plays this week, you might want to consider playing Darrell Jackson...

I think Key Johnson is WAAAYYYYY overrated...
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bzabodyn » Wed Sep 11, 2002 5:27 pm

Dilfer has said he is going to do everything he can to get on the field this weekend, and I think he is going to do it - what does this mean??? START JACKSON! As for Keyshawn, he will pile on the yards in the next few weeks, but will probably score only once. He is a really good play next week (vs. Rams)
bzabodyn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Helm » Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:31 pm

mmmm.... all good points...

I agree that with Dilfer coming back, Jackson should rebound...

Man I had such high hopes with Johnson now that G man is coaching.... however with McCardell taking some of the shine... I don't know...

H
Helm

Return to Football Talk