CIN vs NYJ - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

CIN vs NYJ

Moderator: Football Moderators

CIN vs NYJ

Postby Flux » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:27 am

what are all your thoughts on this game?

The jets should be a tough match for us and Im a little worried about Palmer getting his first start on the road. I would have much preferred a home game to start the year, but what can you do?

The jets have some good receivers and that could exploit our defense. Hopefully our boys come prepared for this game.

On the flip side, I dont really think there is a team in this league that can stop the bengals offense when we are clicking. If Palmer remains calm, and is smart w/ his throws (and if our WRs can hold on to the ball) we should be in some pretty good shape.

Rudi should also have a nice day and we may go to him often to settle Carson down. Im predicting a close win, but it should be a very entertaining game
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DUKE » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:05 pm

Apparently they plan on blitzing the shiznit out of Palmer, but obviously a first year qb is going to have to earn his respect before they drop back and call off the dogs. He'll have to get used to this the first few games. I'll say a close win too, with a heavy dose of the running game. I could see a few big plays through the air too, as their secondary has been hurt a bit with injury, and they weren't exactly spectacular last year anyway. The Buckley pickup doesn't scare me. CJ can treat him like Michael Irvin used to back in the day when he would burn him at will. Nice to see a post in here. Cafe has been a bit crazy lately, keeping me from being able to keep up in here. GO BENGALS!
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Flux » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:20 am

looks like Madieu is going to get the start over Deltha

bengals.com wrote:ANOTHER FIRST START:
Head coach Marvin Lewis said he expects O’Neal to play. Maybe he could start if the Jets open in three receivers, or if he improves enough at game time. But secondary coach Kevin Coyle isn’t melting at perhaps rookie Madieu Williams getting his first start in the opener.

and

fanball wrote:Sep 9 Rookie Madieu Williams will start Sunday's opener against the Jets ahead of Deltha O'Neal, who has not practiced since injuring his left ankle August 16. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said he had "great confidence" O'Neal would also be ready to play.

Views: The Bengals acquired O'Neal as part of their plan to shore up a defense that ranked 24th against the pass last season. The Jets, meanwhile, added wide receiver Justin McCareins to their passing attack in the offseason, so Chad Pennington has to be salivating at the thought of facing an inexperienced secondary.

its still unkown if B. Simmons will start/play, but if he doesnt Caleb Miller should get the nod, w/ Landon Johnson also getting some work

Since our D is our weakness, we need as many healthy guys as we can get
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Cincinnati Bengals