William Green.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

William Green....

Moderator: Football Moderators

William Green....

Postby Warpigs » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:06 pm

Wanted to get feedback/discussion/debate going about the value of William Green. I've seen him on waiver wires in a number of leagues. Suggs is definitely hurt and honestly, I don't see him making it for week one. However, the Browns face a very stingy Baltimore defense. Overall, however, what kind of value will Green generate?
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:11 pm

Overall, I think Wm. Green has very little fantasy value... Yes, Suggs may not play this week, but that puts Willie up to bat against Baltimore, and I wouldn't start that guy with that matchup unless I had no other starting backs to choose from... After this week, and Willie's 36 yard showing, Suggs will be back to full strength and back with a firm grasp of his starting job... If every other starting back in the league is gone and Lamar Gordon is off your wire, already, and you have a #6 WR or second D or K to burn, and you are desperate for another RB, then I might consider it, but no way would I dump anyone of value for him....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ForeverBlue » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:25 pm

I think the only way Green has value is if you own Suggs. To just waste a roster spot in hopes that Suggs will give way is useless. To have an insurance policy for Suggs is a good idea though.
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MadScott » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:53 pm

Unless Suggs is out for an extended period of time, I think that Green has minimum value. I think he's going to be hard pressed to beat out Suggs now that he's been named #1 going into the year. Honestly, that whole running game situation isn't that good.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:19 pm

The only way Green will win the starting job is by blowing up this week against . . . the Ravens. Unlikely. On the other hand, Suggs has not been the most durable guy in his college/pro career, so maybe hanging on to Green is not a bad idea.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Hawkki » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:24 pm

Does anyone have any info on Suggs injury? SportsLine lists him as Probable for week 1.
Hawkki
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:33 pm

Hawkki wrote:Does anyone have any info on Suggs injury? SportsLine lists him as Probable for week 1.

It's a neck injury... Right now he is day-to-day with the final decision being made by the team doctor, probably Sunday Morning....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk