Guys,

In my league, I'm presently scoring it this way:

1 pt. per 20 yards passing
6 pts. per passing TD
-2 pts. per INT

1 pt. per 10 yards rushing/receiving
6 pts. per rushing/receiving TD
-2 pts. per fumble

Are QBS weighted too heavily this way? For those guys who dont have a top tier QB, will they majorly suffer? I was just wondering if I should make QB's TDs worth less than RBs and WRs, or maybe just bump the yardage up to like 1 pt. per 25 yards passing. Any ideas?? Any other Commish's out there? THANKS A TON!! ;-D

"Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff."
DudeLaw
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby shpuck » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:34 pm

My first instinct was to say "yes, QBs would be rated to high".

But then I went to my Excel spreadsheets that I do for my league and put in 6 point for a pass TD (versus our current 3 pts). Note, that the rest of our rules are very similar to the brief list you posted.

It actually puts the QB more on par with the RBs in terms of points scored. The advantage of QB in all projections that the depth is pretty good, and you can wait later to get decent QBs. If you put more points, QBs will likely go earlier in the drafts which could be an advantage for shrewd managers who realize that there is nowhere near the depth of QBs. Something to watch out for (or take advantage of depending on your temperment).

Having 6 pts for QBs also reduces the dramatic drop off for coices after the top three or four choices are gone.

I personally prefer 3 or 4 pts for a TD, but 6 doesn't seem to throw things TOO out of whack.
shpuck
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk