Not exactly huge news, but an interesting comment inside.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Not exactly huge news, but an interesting comment inside..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Not exactly huge news, but an interesting comment inside..

Postby Homeless » Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:15 pm

Running back Travis Henry agreed to a contract extension on Wednesday, the Buffalo News reported. Financial terms of the deal were not available. Henry had two years left on a four-year contract, but his new deal runs through 2005. "It works out for him because he's secure for five years instead of four," Henry's agent Greg Johnson explained. "He's a running back, so anytime you can get something early it's good to do it. I think had he not done the extension, the Bills would have been talking contract this season anyway...It's a good deal, but it's not the deal he's going to get if he stays healthy and continues to perform at the high level he reached last season."

The Bills have put together a good, young offensive line, picked up a veteran blocking fullback, and now given Henry an extension. It's very clear that Buffalo loves Travis and is doing their best to keep him happy. Do not worry that the pampering will make Henry sluggish, though. Travis and his agent are gearing up to go for big bucks in a couple of years.

Its interesting that the agent and player are hoping to stay the course like last year and then demand the big bucks. Travis has a plan !

Interest in this RB is growing daily, I wouldnt be surprised to see him going very early in a lot of drafts come draft time.
I mean top 4 early.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby slowkidz » Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:18 pm

dunno about top 4, but around 6,7,8 sure....

and btw...when i read the title of this post, i figgered it would read..."Homeless post count now at 1426

lol
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Indy Dragons » Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:43 pm

but his new deal runs through 2005. "It works out for him because he's secure for five years instead of four," Henry's agent Greg Johnson

I don't know where this agent learned his math, but to me, 'through 2005..' works out to being secure for THREE years (2003, 2004, 2005)!!!!!!! Oh well, guess that is why I'm not an agent!

I think it's good for Henry to go this, because his career could be over by then, and he thinks he will show them how good he is, and then sign for the big pay day!
Indy Dragons
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:07 pm

Slowkidz wrote:dunno about top 4, but around 6,7,8 sure....

and btw...when i read the title of this post, i figgered it would read..."Homeless post count now at 1426

lol

Hehe, you wont see a peep out of me about post counts until the 2k mark ;-D
Far as Travis goes, top 10 now, top 4 or 5 come draft day, only a guess based upon how interest in him is rising around the fantasy world. Maybe I should hit the prediction board :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby VIPER » Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:16 pm

I would not draft him top 4 but top 10 yes.
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Slingblade » Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:50 pm

porbaly draft around 7 or 8
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby hayesb26 » Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:46 am

i would take him 7th.. right after the big 6 RB's...
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk