Does Booker's value rise with the addition of Gordon? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Does Booker's value rise with the addition of Gordon?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Does Booker's value rise with the addition of Gordon?

Postby Trap » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:18 pm

Just wondering if this should help his value at all.
Trap
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby darkrock76 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:26 pm

I would think it helps everyone's value on Miami. Not much, but opposing defenses are going to have to respect the run more now than they would have with Minor or Morris in the backfield.
darkrock76
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 19)

Postby MadScott » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:50 pm

I'd say the it will give him a minimal bounce at best. It's not like he's the 2nd coming in Miami and they also didn't do anything to help the o-line situation.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby klgreen1973 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:54 pm

Hell NO!!! Booker is too old, too slow and just not that good anymore :-t . MIA still has o-line problems and adding Gordon will not help much. I think Ricky knew what he was doing when he "retired" last month ;-).
klgreen1973
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GMoney » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:15 pm

Booker too old? hes 27.... too slow? hes a year off back to back 1000 yard and pro bowl seasons????
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mad benjamin » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:17 pm

IMO, Miami did what they could to upgrade their offense on such short notice. Maybe adding Booker will spread things out a bit and give defenses 2 Wrs they must respect and that may help Gordon out a little. But I'm not expecting the world to be set on fire by anybody, either. But who knows? That's why there are surprise teams and sleeper players. I think Gordon is a darned good ww pick up and I hope to plug him in on wk 3 when a couple of my backs are on a bye. I think he could be used as a spot-starter when the matchups are right unless he proves to be a reliable back. I think he was a better pick up for Miami than Jackson, A-Train or Verron Hayes.

Ah, but this post was about Booker, wasn't it? I don't think the presence of Gordon helps Booker as much as the presence of Chambers does.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk